Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Patch! October 21, 2012

Today we went to the pumpkin patch! Through my mom's group, I heard about another farm called Janoski's that has fun fall activities, and it is much closer to our house than the other one we visited last month. We had originally planned on doing this last weekend, but Amelia was way too sick, and I was in the beginnings of catching her sickness, so we had to postpone. It ended up working out though, because today was absolutely beautiful. We didn't even need jackets, it was great. 

The farm had all kinds of things to do including pony rides, a hayride, petting zoo, a little haunted barn, pumpkin painting, and on and on. We got a little bit of a late start, so she was a little more tired than I would have liked, but she did pretty well. She's also still a little congested with a runny nose, so that affected her mood a little. This cold is just hanging on! 

We got there and decided to do the hayride first, because it take you out to the area with the pumpkins. That was our main goal, and I wasn't sure how long Amelia would last, we got right to it. 
I promise that I know my baby's hair is in her eyes. I had it in a really cute pony to pull it back, but before we even left the house, she was tearing it out. She doesn't do that all the time, but apparently she decided that today she wanted her hair to be free of ties. So she looks a little shaggy, but there's not much I could do!

She loved watching the tractor pull the hayride. 




We picked four that we liked, and Tom tried to get Amelia to select one, but she kind of just pointed at them all. So we made the final call. 


Waiting in line to pay for our pumpkin and get on the hayride to go back to the main activities area. Even Tom doesn't know what he was doing in this one, but at least Amelia was clearly happy. 

Drumming our pumpkin. 

She wasn't really thrilled about sitting, but I tried for a nice photo anyway. 

A bit better. Smiles are overrated, right? 

Except when she's with dad! It's always smiles with Tom :)

The pumpkin helps as well. 

View from the hayride of the pumpkin patch and the little lake. We truly lucked out with this weather. 

After putting our pumpkin safely away in the car, we took Amelia over to the petting zoo, which we were sure she would love. She did. This is a goat running away from her, poor girl!



She is so brave with the animals. I kept telling Tom that I don't think I would have been so brave as a kid, but I suppose I don't know what it's like to be 15 months old. Maybe her fear instinct hasn't kicked in yet. Or maybe she just truly has no fear. 


I loved this tiny little goat, with his tiny little horns! So cute!


So after a bit of just following the animals around, and petting them, she decided to squat down, lean in, and really get in their faces. She was nose to nose with these little goats, it was so funny! It's hard to see her in this first one, but she was cracking me up how she would just get right down on their level. This is something I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been doing as a kid. I certainly wouldn't get nose to nose with a goat as an adult! Tom said she was inspecting and studying them. He's probably right. 

Leaning in for a closer look. 

And leaning over to check out the rear!

This is my favorite. She looks like she just wants to have nice chat with the little guy. 





My favorite goat. 

We got a little baby pumpkin for her to paint, but that lasted about 90 seconds. We still need to work on the painting skills, and probably not while she's tired and mildly sick. 

Giant pumpkin!!

We had a great day at the farm, even if this little face doesn't exactly show it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment