Friday, October 26, 2012

October 26, 2012 - Baby Update

While I haven't been great about documenting this pregnancy in words, or talking about it general, I have made some attempts at taking growth pictures. I haven't been great at putting them in the blog when they happen, so here I am playing catch up with those.

September 12 - 
24 Weeks

October 10 - 
28 Weeks

October 17-
29 Weeks



October 26-
30 Weeks, 2 Days

For 30 weeks, I actually got brave enough to look back at the last pregnancy to compare the difference. I feel SO much bigger this time, and I have avoided looking at my previous pregnancy photos, in fear that I would be depressed. As it turns out, the difference isn't so bad, at least at this point. I still think I got bigger faster, and if I were to compare earlier weeks, I might be sad. But it seems to have leveled out some. Here's hoping it stays that way, because I still have 10 more weeks to surpass where I ended up last time. For what it's worth, this comparison has encouraged me to look at future comparisons now. Although, I might try to wear the same shirt next time I compare. In Amelia's photo I'm wearing a maternity shirt, and in Oliver's it's just a regular tee. I'm sure I'm over thinking it, but I feel like that could make a difference in appearances. 

I do find it interesting that Oliver seems to be a bit lower than Amelia was, which is how the old wives tales go. 
Amelia on the left at 30 weeks, and Oliver on the right

The overall pregnancy update is....the same. Definitely the worst symptom is still just getting tired quickly. Sleep is getting more uncomfortable of course. I have days that are physically harder than other days, but most days, I feel great. Oliver went from being pretty quiet, to being a mover and shaker just like Amelia was. He moves a ton. I've also noticed that this pregnancy has been easier emotionally, and with Amelia it got kind of rough at times. I definitely have my weepy days, or short fused days, but that all could be the result of taking care of an active 15 month old. 

Overall, I'm happy, healthy, and getting comments from strangers about being pregnant, which means I finally look pregnant instead of just bigger. 30 weeks is when that happened last time as well. Oh, and my rings still fit. Bonus! 

The idea of having another baby in the house is sometimes daunting, and sometimes exciting. But to be quite honest, most of the time, I don't think about it at all! I must be either too busy, or in denial. 
I'm definitely excited to see what this little guy looks like, and what his personality is compared to Amelia's. I'm interested to see if taking care of him will be similar to her, or wildly different. Since she was, and still is, a relatively easy baby, I'm hoping for similar. But I know how different kids can be so we are braced for challenges we never faced with her, just in case. There will of course be the inevitable challenge of taking care of a newborn while juggling raising a toddler who will need help transitioning to her "big kid phase." *Insert potty training and toddler beds and more teeth here.* 
Overall, I am happy with how close they will be in age, and excited for Amelia to have a sibling sooner than later!

His room is slowly getting decorated, and is a dinosaur theme. I have prints framed, stuffed animals collected, and fabric for a couple blankets. Once I have it all together, there will be photos. We do still need a dresser, and eventually a crib. But really, we still have all the basics left over from Amelia, and Oliver will be rooming with us in the cradle for a bit anyway. It's funny how different the prep work for a second baby is. Or should I say the lack of prep. I knew it would be like this, but it's still kind of weird to not be constantly thinking about the things that need to be done to get ready. That was all I did last time, as well as focus on my symptoms and myself. No time for that now! And really no need to anyway. You can only really be so prepared, even the second time. All the stuff that worked for Amelia may not work for Oliver, and that's okay. We'll learn as we go, just as we did last time. 

That's it for now I think. I'll try to do another update sooner next time. Like maybe fewer than six weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment