Friday, October 19, 2012

October 16-19, 2012

I really need to get this kid a seat of her own. Until then, she has been using this box as her personal place to relax and get some reading in. 



Just a cute kid with a cute little pony!




She is still super into books. It's her favorite thing in the car, and when I open to the door to get her, this is often what I see. 

She just flips back and forth through them over and over. 

Doing a little thrift shopping with mom. This was taken before we were ready to leave, which happens to be right when I noticed that she was missing a shoe. Which led me to retrace our steps back through the entire place. Actually, now that I think about it, this was taken in the aisle that I eventually found the shoe in, which means the loss of shoe probably happened while I was getting out the camera. 

Truth: This is not the first time I've had to go all over the store looking for a shoe that was discovered missing at the end of a shopping trip, but it is the shortest amount of time I've had to look for one. So, I feel like I'm making progress. Also, we've never actually lost a shoe permanently. So that's a win, I think. 

Asking me to read this book again. She has started nodding her head when she wants things, which is pretty cute. She started out by just nodding when we asked if she wanted something, and lately she's decided it's more efficient to skip the question part and just run up to us nodding when she wants something. She'll bring a book, and nod. She'll see us eating something she wants, and she'll walk up and nod to say she wants some too. Her nod is super funny, because it clearly takes some work. She has this really big, exaggerated nod where she lifts her head back pretty far, and then pushes it all the way down so she's looking at the ground, with her chin to her chest. Several times in a row. It's too funny.

She has also started nodding when we ask if she is tired and needs a nap, or wants to go to bed, which is awesome. For a little while, if we told her it was nap time, or told her it was bath time, she'd run to the stairs. But now, we can ask if she needs a nap, and she'll nod (if she's actually tired), and then run to the gate to go upstairs. 

I just love how she was examining this blank piece of paper. 

Halloween jammies!!



I don't know what this face means, but I like it. 

Here is an extensive amount of photos from what will likely be one of our last park trips of the season. It's starting to get consistently chilly, and it's also starting to be consistently harder for me to chase her around and carry her back down the stairs she continually climbs. It's hit and miss. Some days I wear out sooner than other days. But it never hurts to have Tom with us, who has all kinds of energy to chase and lift her. Thankfully she is still very small, or I don't know what I would do. 



They were checking out a grasshopper way up there. 

I just never get tired of the dad and baby slide pictures. 


 Happy kids. 

Checking out the bug again before another trip down the slide. 



She found this triple slide to try and climb up, but didn't get especially far. 


She always goes down the slides on Tom's lap, but for this one he would put her about half way up and then let her go down pretty much by herself, but he was ready to grab her if needed. As you can see, she LOVED it. 
This might be one of my favorite photos of her ever. 

She went through several rounds of the fun. 

Each time, she attempted going back up for more. 

She took a little tumble, which was highly amusing to her. 


And this is one of the major reasons why I love the fall. This picture really doesn't do the color justice, but you get the idea. I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment