So, a couple weeks ago, Tom had to go to Texas for a week. This left Amelia and I here on our own and we had a lot of fun. I definitely wouldn't want Tom to be gone all the time, and we definitely missed him, but sometimes it's nice when it's just Amelia and I. There are less chores to do, fewer real meals to make, etc. But we were definitely glad to have him back because he does add to the fun.
It was a pretty nice week for February and we went on a few walks. This is her before one of them.
She was excited.
Maybe too excited? Those boots are a little big and she loves to kick them off.
But we finally got the boot to stay on and we made it to the stroller.
And of course, we spent a lot of time not doing much at all!
Here she is, being happy for no apparent reason, which is one of my favorite kinds of happy!
We also had some interesting times with food. We feed her right before her nightly bath, which is great because she does get messy, but not always great because she can also be tired. And when she's tired, she rubs her eyes, even when her hands are covered with food. So it gets even messier.
This was one of the worst I've ever seen though, which is why it's documented. I thought it was funny. I'm sure kind of thing will get less funny at some point.
A little mid-meal fuss.
And we're right back to happy!
The biggest even that occurred while Tom was gone was that she decided to sit herself up! As I've mentioned numerous times before, she doesn't sit well when I set her down. She basically just goes straight to her belly to army crawl out of there. So, imagine my surprise when I left the room for a minute and came back to this! She was on her tummy when I left, and fully sitting on her bottom when I came back. And looking quite proud of herself as well. She currently does this all the time now. She still sits while leaning on a hand or two, but she's working on it!
Really nothing special going on in these next photos. Just a cute kid :)
Notice the soaked portion of shirt under her chin? Major drool fest going on over here.
Tom got home in the middle of the night while she was sleeping, but the next morning he set out a bag with a gift for her that he had brought bag. He made her get it out herself.
She wiggled right over to it.
Sees it.
Got it.
Checking it out.
Loving the tag. She looooooves tags on anything. She can spot one from across the room and when she does, her number one priority immediately becomes getting that tag in her mouth.
Over the giraffe, on to the bag!
These are just a few random ones of Amelia in what I like to call "Baby Jail." If we ever get the baby gate on our stairs, we won't have to do this. Anyway, these pictures make her look sad and trapped which is funny because she actually enjoys it in there. It's kind of a fun and different place to play.
No comments:
Post a Comment