I can't say it enough. This has been an amazing Winter as far as weather. Kind of unreal. I can not believe that it is mid March and we've been hanging outside, and going to parks. But, we have, and I am super happy about it.
Amelia is getting into the swing a little more. She doesn't fuss in it by any means, but she keeps her serious look on and stares at everything as she swings by. It's almost like she's trying to study her surroundings, but she can't because she keeps moving. We get smiles and laughs out of her by getting right in her face and being a little silly to her remind her to relax and enjoy the ride.
This was an evening in Settlers Cabin Park. This place is huge and (from what I can tell) is a road that winds around and there are several small parks and covered shelters and whatnot along the way. We basically stopped at the first stop that had a baby swing.
She pulled herself all the way to the front so she was sitting on that dividing piece instead of the actual seat. She was entranced with the ground.
These are all while in motion by the way, at the point where she has swung all the way forward and is about to go back. Each time she would look at the ground intensely.
Tom was able to get the happy out of her.
I love this one, she's so tiny in contrast to everything else.
Love these two :)
We walked a little ways down the road and found this train!
Then we decided to sit for a bit. She didn't mind sitting on the grass exactly, but she didn't seem to love it either. I thought for sure that she would take off crawling, like she does everywhere else but she seemed unsure of the grass and just stayed put.
Later in the weekend, Tom grilled us some dinner and we enjoyed the evening on the deck. Amelia was on lock down while the grill was hot.
While we were eating, we let her roam free. She loves to be under tables and chairs, or any sort of small, semi confined space.
Trying to make her escape.
She's small, but fortunately she's not too small to get through the rails.
I love how she goes from SO serious and just looking around to that amazing grin :) She has quite a smile!
ReplyDeleteHanging out with dad in the park = priceless! Her smile while sitting on the train is killing me. And those swinging smiles ... {{likes}} {{likes}} {{likes}}! Such a sweet family portrait of you three. :)
ReplyDelete