The 32nd week was interesting to say the least. This has been a week for some crazy, horrible moods. Sad moods, grumpy ones, frustrated ones...not really any good ones unfortunately! Starting Monday, I have been avoiding people like the plague, because I can't really handle them.
Sunday was good though! We started the day at First Watch (yay!) where I has some delicious cinnamon roll pancakes and then I went back to the huge neighborhood yard sale that we had been at the day before. It was supposed to go for two days, but Sunday was rainy and most people weren't doing their sale anymore. But, I did find a couple that I hadn't been to the day before, and one of them was awesome! She had so many kid's things, including books for 50 cents!! I could hardly believe it! Used books have been SO hard to find out here and when I can manage to find them they are pretty overpriced and I don't buy them. So I got a bunch of hers. She had a ton of board books which is exactly what we need. I was also able to grab some brand new bottles and an unopened pack of the liners that go in. The exact ones we were planning to use. We are hoping to not use bottles very often, so we don't need many and I was glad to find them cheap.
We also got a jumperoo from her, which is something I was debating getting at all because I know kids don't always use them very long and they aren't exactly a necessity. I knew if we did get one it would be used for sure. I didn't get a picture of it because Tom promptly took it apart to get it in the car to take it home and we won't assemble it until she can use it. It's a rainforest theme though, and the child that used it barely used it at all because someone got it for her when she was a little too old for it. So it was basically brand new and even cheaper than the exact same ones I've seen on Craigslist which are usually in worse condition. Tom is convinced it will make her legs strong. Probably for hiking :)
Oh! I have to mention this too because it's telling of how much I love a yard sale and how dedicated I am to get a good deal. It was definitely a gloomy morning, and rain was definitely going to happen. Tom had gone to the office to do something quick while I went the sales and when I found the jumperoo I wanted him to come look at it and help decide if we really needed one. So I called him and he said he would be home in a few minutes and I could go get him and bring him back to the sale. Right then, it started to rain! Not super bad, but enough that the seller started to throw sheets on things. And I just kept looking around, picking things up to buy, all pregnant and just wearing a t-shirt and flip flops. I had her hold the things I wanted and drove home to get Tom.
And then it started to pour!
But I went back anyway, in the pouring rain, and Tom and I looked at the jumperoo in her garage. And then, we walked around to the sales that were happening at her neighbor's houses! It was raining a little less by then, but everyone's stuff was soaked. Totally worth it anyway.
These are a couple outfits I found at that same woman's house. Yeah, it's more giraffe stuff. I might have a problem.
So that was the morning, and in the afternoon Tom and I went to a baby care class. I learned a little, not a huge amount, but it was definitely worth going. Tom got to change a diaper on a fake baby - it's the first diaper he's ever changed! We (Tom) also learned how to swaddle and how to give a baby a bath.
Probably what we learned the most of was soothing techniques to calm a baby down. The video was a little outdated, and the doctor in it was more than a little creepy and weird, but the techniques seemed reasonable and worth trying. Ask Tom to "shush" a baby into a calm state. It's pretty funny.
The way back from the class was the beginning of my downfall for the week. All afternoon I had been really wanting a chili dog from this specific hot dog shop. So after the class we went straight there. It of course took forever though because there had been a baseball game downtown and we got caught in traffic getting out of the city. By the time we got to the hot dog place, I was starving and it was closed. And I was beside myself. I had no idea what to do, I only wanted a chili dog, and nothing else!
So I cried. I have no idea where it came from. But I was pretty upset. Fortunately, A&W was open and I got a chili dog (and possibly some chili fries) there. It wasn't as good, but it worked. However, my evening was a little ruined.
And Monday was the chili dog episode times about a million. I woke up so sad for no reason and I was like that all day. Tom came home for lunch and I didn't want anything we had. I wanted pizza. But I didn't actually want to go get pizza because I had JUST eaten a chili dog the day before! And I felt bad about feeding all that junk to the baby. So I cried some more. Poor Tom tried going through everything in our kitchen and I didn't want any of it. He ate lunch though, don't worry. And then he had to go back to work.
I did eventually eat something small, but by the time Tom came home I was feeling even worse than before. I was stressed out because the baby had been kicking me NON STOP for days and it's getting uncomfortable. I still only wanted pizza but didn't want to actually eat it.
Long story short, I bawled and bawled. The kind where you can barely breathe. And snot is just going everywhere.
Tom is a saint of course and went and got me pizza even though I cried over how bad I felt that he had to go get it for me. He was the reasonable one who made the point that it was better to eat pizza than to eat nothing.
Anyway, the rest of the week was pretty much along those lines, but with some improvement everyday. And sadness turned into grumpiness. By yesterday though, I felt better. Thankfully, because I had my 32 week appointment and was forced to talk to people :)
The appointment went well. I gained 3 pounds in the past two weeks, and am up to 12 total. Definitely growing. It was pretty routine, nothing exciting. I just asked her silly questions like "Is it possible the baby is moving TOO much?" Apparently that's not possible, and they love movement. I'm glad someone loves it, because as fun as it can be, I could use a little break from the jabs ;)
This next picture is kind of random, but I'm throwing it in because it has a funny Tom story to go with it. In my effort to not go out and see people this week, I did things around the house, including going through clothes we've gotten for Amelia in an attempt to see what we actually have and return things that we maybe don't need because I maybe bought too many of that type of item.
Spoiler alert: I'll be returning some dresses. I like to buy dresses. I buy them really cheap, but she definitely doesn't need them all.
Anyway, we went through everything together and when we got to this shirt I wasn't sure how much I even really liked it. Tom seemed to like it though and I asked him why because it didn't really seem like his style. He responded with "I don't know, I like it and I can picture her painting in it."
So, we're keeping it, because that's a valid answer. A valid and adorable answer. Now that I look at it the way he sees it, I can see how it looks artsy and creative. And in 12 to 18 months, she can stand in front of an easel and wear it to paint in.
And here is 32 weeks! I'm only smiling in these pictures because I was happy to find that some of my regular T-shirts still fit well enough to wear! They obviously don't fit the same as they did before I got so pregnant, but they look decent and I feel like myself wearing them. I'm always happy to wear my regular clothes over maternity clothes.
Ugh, this one isn't supposed to be in here but I accidentally uploaded it and I don't know how to take pictures OUT of a post. If anyone knows, please let me know. The camera was on a weird setting at first, which made the colors off. Also, this is apparently not a good angle to show how big I am.
But this is!! I definitely grew. Next week should be really interesting because I took this picture just two days ago and I feel like I'm already much bigger. We'll see I guess.
You look great, Gretchen! Don't feel bad about your crying spell, I threw a ridiculous tantrum on Thursday because Adam didn't want to eat out at the same place I did, and I'm not even pregnant! I think it was due to my hunger and tiredness from a LONG day at work and the fact that he was leaving for a weekend bachelor party while I'm stuck working two 8 hour days this weekend.
ReplyDeleteIf you wanted to delete the forward pose of you, click the edit button, which will take you back to the text you typed before posting, highlight and delete the second to last html paragraph thingy and that should get rid of the photo.