Thursday, May 5, 2011

29 Weeks (and maybe some Easter)

So before I get to the 29 week stuff, I'm going to do Easter real quick, because I never did!
Tom and I usually don't really do anything for Easter, which makes me a little sad because I used to always do something for Easter. So, when we went over to our friends' house for an Easter lunch, I was pretty excited. We made some food, they made some food, we played a game, and dyed some eggs. It was totally fun and I'm super happy to have friends to do things like this with! Thanks so much to Landon and Lauren for letting us into your home for the holiday!!
So, as usual, I failed to get many pictures of people and instead ended up with pictures of stuff. Or in this case, food. I was pretty proud and impressed with all the food we turned out. And yes, we all had leftovers for days!
This first one is the carrot pineapple coconut cake that I made from scratch!! I've never made a carrot cake from scratch before, but it turned out pretty amazing. Like, really good.
This is a better shot of the tie-down job Tom did on the cake plate before transporting it to their house. I kept saying he "bungee'd" it shut, but it's apparently not a bungee. What I do know is that it came from the garage and was probably never intended to tie down a cake. But, that lid wasn't going anywhere. So, good job to you Tom!
I made deviled eggs. And sliced some pickles. I felt pretty classy about it.
We had so much food!
Here's some more!
After eating, we dyed eggs. I literally can't remember the last time I dyed eggs, so I was pretty darn excited when Lauren told me she got stuff to do it. Tom said that he just wanted to put the little color tablets in the water to watch them fizz but as it turned out, he really wanted to dye eggs too. So he did. Can you believe that with two boys helping out we ended up with so many pink and purple eggs? PS- the green-blue one is mine. So, the boys really were in charge of those pink ones.
It was a little cloudy that day, but pretty warm! So we did some Easter pictures outside by this pretty tree. (Excuse Tom's half closed eyes)
And these rocks. By the way, I had no idea Tom was pointing at the baby until I got home and went through the photos.

Okay, on to week 29. I can't recall anything extremely eventful (except the baby shower of course, which will be a whole post in itself soon!). Everything seems to be progressing well. Amelia is still moving quite a lot, and sleeping is still the worst part of my day. I'm fine during the day, and although I'm getting bigger, I still feel like I can move around and do everything I normally do without any problems. I can still reach my toes and shave my legs. And I jump into bed like usual.
Oh, I am definitely more clumsy. And it's not because of my belly getting in the way or anything. I just am less graceful. I spilled a cup of orange juice a few days ago and I still have no idea how it happened at all. And I cried about it of course, even though Tom swooped right in and cleaned it up for me. I also notice way more food on my shirt. Again, it's nowhere near my belly, it's always on my collar and I never actually see it happen, I just find it later. It's great. Can't wait until I'm big enough to actually run into things that aren't usually that close to me.

Mostly, I can't believe it's May and we will have a baby in this house the month after next! But over all, being in the seventh month hasn't been too bad. Here's hoping months eight and nine will be great too :)

Here's me yesterday at 29 weeks. I looked halfway decent so I made Tom do a full shot. After he took this picture he said "You're getting pretty big!" in a kind of shocked tone. I think we both don't realize how much I've grown until we really look at it.
But I still did a regular mirror shot, just to be consistent.
That's it for now, hopefully tomorrow I'll get the baby shower in!

No comments:

Post a Comment