So, we finally got around to taking Amelia to the zoo. I had all these big ideas of taking her last year when she was tiny. I'm not sure why I thought that, because she probably would have slept through it like she did everything else at the time. I'm pretty glad we went now, as she definitely was able to look around and take it all in.
As I've mentioned a thousand time, it's been an amazing Winter and this last weekend in March did not disappoint. It was a sort of last minute decision to go and by the time she woke up from her nap and we got through all the crazy traffic getting there, we had about an hour before the zoo closed. It turned out to be a great amount of time, though we did have to walk a little quickly to get through it all. Next time she'll be older and we'll probably want to hang out a bit more.
She was always twisting around, trying to see everything.
This is my attempt to get a picture of her with the scenery behind her but she would not take two seconds to look my way. It was way too interesting back there.
More of the back of her head :)
Checking out elephants.
We tried to put her by the "newborn human" sign to see how she measured up, but grabbing the sign was way more appealing than just standing by it.
Giraffes!
I was pretty excited, this giraffe was super close.
I don't know exactly what is going on here, but I like it.
This is her intense gaze, studying it all.
The fish were pretty fascinating.
There's a hand in there!
Penguins.
She was actually much more interested in the kids standing near us than the penguins. She's a people watcher. I have seen her twist her neck impossibly far to stare at people.
This picture pretty much sums this kid up :) I don't know how she does that with her face, but it's a pretty great stink eye. On a fun note, this was the exact spot that Tom and I took a picture together the only other time we've been to this zoo, well before she was born. It was fun to do it again with Amelia added to the family. Maybe next time she'll smile.
A second attempt - still no smiles from Amelia.
This is the picture we took in November 2009.
Really big fish
I'm noticing that Tom seems to have a thing with lifting the baby into the air for pictures. I'm not sure what that is about.
I love this one of the two of them.
After the zoo we stopped at the Hot Dog Shoppe for dinner.
Having some puffs while we wait for the food.
This is her patting the table, her attempt to request more puff cereal.

Her intense look of observation is adorable! And I'm liking the baby and dad and a giant bear photos. :) Also, the family portrait in the same place you and Tom first took a self-portrait photo at the zoo = <3 <3 <3
ReplyDelete