The third week of April Tom had to leave on a trip so Amelia and I were left alone to have some mommy daughter time. There weren't any huge events, but we had a good time. This is Amelia enjoying some swing time at the little park by our house.
I love this happy face :)
Here's a little video of her enjoying flying through the air. I love her gaspy little laugh.
After swinging we spent some time just hanging out on the grass. Well, on the blanket on the grass. She still won't move around on it.
She really wanted to get to those stroller wheels.
This was about as close as she got. She'll conquer the grass someday, I'm sure.
Really thinking about how to get over there.
Just hanging out. I love those clasped hands :)
One day I went to the kitchen for something and came back to find her like this! She's been pulling up but I hadn't ever seen her pull up on something like a wall or window. I couldn't figure out how she figured out to do it. Kids are so smart.
She's a little fussy because she thought she didn't know how to get back down.
And I just kept taking photos, of course. After a couple minutes I helped her down, don't worry :)
On another day, we took a trip to Joann's. I was picking up some fleece to make a crib rail cover to protect against her future teeth. She definitely likes to stand in her crib, and I've seen some gnawing on the edge. When she gets teeth, this could cause some damage.
After getting the fleece I couldn't resist looking around at the other fabrics. It's been awhile since I've had time to sew, and seeing all the beautiful patterns and colors made me happy, inspired, and wistful all at the same time.
She loved all the colors, as always. I think she gets that from me.
I'm happy to have a kid who knows that a fabric store is a good time.
From time to time, when we need to get out of the house and let her do something fun and different, we take her to Barnes and Noble and let her run around. I would do this at the park if she would touch the grass. The bonus of the book store is that there are many toys she can "play" with, and then I don't have to have them at my house!
She's a speed demon. When she learns to walk, I think she'll just run instead.
"Mom, are you ever going to put that camera away?"
"No? Fine, I'll just grin and bear it!"
This is how she spends a lot of her day. Just pulling up and standing around and hitting whatever she pulled up on. Like a drum.
Random meal time shot.
Ready for the bath! She loves the bath.
Amelia has been obsessed with going under and through things. Under the dining room chairs, through our legs, etc. So we got her this tunnel to crawl through. At first, she was skeptical about going in and just tried to push it around.
She kept peeking in, but for some reason she wouldn't go for it.
I threw in some toys to help get her motivated.
She finally made it through and eventually really loved scrambling back and forth through it.
These are just some random shots before going to the park. I love her in this hat and couldn't resist taking a boat load of photos of her playing while wearing it.
She's about to empty that basket.
Definitely some random "around the house" photos coming up here. Sometimes, when we are lounging, we wear jammies and cozy hats all day.
She loves to get up in my lap when I'm holding the camera.
And in my face.
I love this funny kid :)
Lastly, some time we spent at the park, sitting on the grass and not on a blanket! She still didn't go anywhere, but the grass didn't make her mad. Baby steps! (Pun intended)
No comments:
Post a Comment