Monday, April 9, 2012

The first week of April, 2012

It's been a slowish, kind of boring week around here. Not much to report, but as always, I have pictures!



Yes, she's chewing on a chip clip. She hardly has interest in real toys anymore. 

Ready to head down to the Waterfront for some walking around and some dinner. The Waterfront is a fun little outdoor shopping area along the river and we like to go hang out there when it's nice out. It's a little bit of a trek depending on what traffic is like, but there also happens to be a Rock Bottom Brewery restaurant there, which is a great place to get dinner and a drink (for Tom).



Making serious decisions from the beer list. 

She was too focused on chewing the straw to get a good shot. But she was happy, and that's what matters!

This was actually the day before Easter. I like being comfy and doing jammies on holidays, so I gussied her up the day before. 


In the background you can see the play mat with the blanket thrown over it to make it more like a tent or tunnel. She wasn't using her play mat as much anymore and Tom came up with this idea to get a little more life out of it. It totally worked, she loves crawling through there and popping out on the other side. 


We didn't dye eggs this year, since Amelia probably wouldn't be able to really get into it, but I did make some very colorful cupcakes! I want to do some colorful cake creation for her first birthday, so this was a bit of practice. I made them Saturday night so we could turn them into shortcakes for Easter dinner the next day. 


Tom found them unappealing, but I thought they tasted better than plain cupcakes for sure. And, when covered in whipped cream and strawberries, even he couldn't argue with them too much :)

1 comment:

  1. Smiling in her skull ensemble = so darn adorable! Smiling in her bunny ears = cuteness supreme! And I am loving the fact that the beer menu seems to be ten times bigger than Amelia. Haha! I feel like she could hop on it and zip around flying carpet style. :)

    Also, after careful mathematical calculations, I can confirm that rainbows + cupcakes = SO MUCH FUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete