Saturday, October 22, 2011

We survived

Well, this week Tom went out of town for nearly the whole week. He left on Sunday afternoon and came home at about midnight on Friday. It's the longest he's been gone since Amelia was born, the only other time he left was for just a couple nights. So, I was honestly a little bit nervous about him being gone for so long. Not super nervous because, really, he's normally only home in the evenings anyway. I still take care of Amelia on my own through the nights, so it wasn't really going to be too different. I just wouldn't have him in the evenings. Anyway, what I found out is that life was pretty easy!! There was less to clean, no big meals to make, basically zero dishes and I could run errands anytime I wanted, even at night. I could technically do this while Tom is home but then we wouldn't see him. Basically, having to only take of myself and Amelia turned out to be rather easy. We missed him, and I was very happy to have him home, but I can't complain about him being gone too much :)
So, I basically just have some pictures from while he was gone. Really nothing exciting because we didn't do much more than hang around the house and do occasional errands. 
First, here is a leaf Tom found in the garage. I have yet to get any pictures of the trees changing colors, which is a shame because I love them so much. This changing leaf is just a fraction of the beauty we've been surrounded with, but it's something.

Here's Amelia listening to me talk to her fake Aunt Maggie on speaker phone. She never really has a great time in the swing (we put her in there when we think she's tired and she'll sleep for a bit) so I know she was enjoying hearing Maggie's voice. It was pretty sweet. 

She got the rings!! I turned away for a second and looked back to find this. So I don't know if this was the result of a real attempt to grab them, or if she just happened to be flailing her arms and came across the rings. Either way, she hung onto them for quite some time and it made me proud and happy.

Close up. 

Bored with the mat. I love that face. 

Just laying around.

 Tom is usually in charge of Amelia's baths. He's gone all day so this is something that he does and it gives him time with just him and Amelia. It's a fun routine. While he was gone, I was in charge of the baths and I had no idea how much she was loving them! She used to HATE them, for her whole first month at least. Then I began to notice that I wasn't hearing screaming up there anymore and I was glad that seemed to be hating them less. But, I had no idea how much she really loved her baths, Tom never told me! 
Even just getting her out of her clothes and letting her lay there by the tub was fun for her. She was so excited about not wearing clothes and I swear she was also anticipating the fun in the water that was about to happen.

Look how excited she is!!


She got in the tub and went nuts!! She kicked and kicked and shrieked with happiness! She has some seriously big kicks and I got a little wet. I had to be careful with the camera because she was getting water everywhere!



 Just hanging out on my lap. 


I love this one. This is Amelia being a little dramatic. She loves being on her tummy now but every once in a while she pretends she doesn't like it and lets out some fake cries. This is the face she makes when she says "Wah" and then she just keeps playing like normal. It's like she just wants to see what I'll do. The answer is, take a picture. 

See, two seconds later she had this happy face on. 


No real reason for these except that I liked her outfit. 


This is her surprised and slightly startled face. 

And this is her in the middle of a dance party. That mat basically causes her to wiggle and kick and smile. 


Tom thinks she looks very grown up here. I agree. 


I like her yawns.
 Baby Legs!! I was excited they went on. This is the newborn version and they finally stayed up on her little legs. Well, they stayed up for a while (see below picture)


She wiggled them right off. 



Reunited with dad!! He was so happy to see her, it was really cute. He definitely missed her while he was gone. As you can see, she was just as excited to see him!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the green & brown outfit - SO cute. And that leaf is amazing. I just stared at it for a while. I've never seen a leaf like that!

    ReplyDelete