So, it's been at least a week and I have a ton of kind of uneventful photos because it was a fairly uneventful week. Except that last weekend, when she turned ten weeks old, Amelia slept for almost nine hours straight! And she's been doing it all week. The first time it happened I was tempted to get on here and write a post about the momentous occasion but I was afraid of jinxing it. So I waited a while and she kept it up! She might change habits again, but for now, I'll take it. Every night this past week she has slept anywhere from 8 to 10 hours. I, on the other hand, have not.
I guess my body is still used to waking up more frequently. Also, I'll admit that the first couple times it happened I woke up after a few hours and realized how long she'd been asleep and went to check on her. Since week 3 she has been sleeping at least 4 hours for the first stretch of the night and sometimes up to six hours. Then she goes back to sleep after eating and sleeps in about two hour stretches until anywhere between 10 and noon, when she seems to really wake up for the day. So, six hours wasn't uncommon but more than eight was an event. Last night she slept from midnight until ten in the morning. All the way through. She's a night owl and, therefore, a girl after my own heart.
So that's Amelia's big thing this week. Hopefully I will start getting those nice long sleeps pretty soon too. The thing is, I haven't slept a full night since before I was pregnant, thanks to the fact that needing to run to the bathroom all night was my earliest (and longest lasting) symptom. So really, it's been nearly a year since I've had a normal night of sleep and I just don't think my body is ready!!
The rest of the week was pretty laid back. The first few days the weather was pretty stormy so we hung around the house a lot. The weather change prompted me to go through Amelia's clothes and try to round up warmer things for her to wear. I found some, but I also found some very summery clothes that are a 3 month size and are still too big for her. I really expected to have a bigger baby (or at least one that grew faster) and had gotten these clothes at various yard sales thinking she'd wear them through September. But now I see that by the time she grows into them, it will be way too cold to wear. So, they are going to her friend Franny, who is a little older and lives in an area where "winter" isn't really part of the climate.
I tried several outfits on her just to be sure they were too big. I actually didn't intend to take photos of this at all, but she was insanely happy and cute while I switched her in and out of the clothes. So I had to. I think she's happy to send gifts to Franny, who has sent us many of her outgrown clothes for Amelia to enjoy :)
Seriously, look at the leg holes on this one. These outfits barely stayed on her while laying down! Sigh.
This is just a random sleep photo. On the weekends Tom helps out by taking Amelia after she eats and gets her back to sleep. She's actually pretty good now at going back to sleep quickly but Tom is in the habit of taking her downstairs and sitting with her while she settles into sleep for another couple hours. So, on the weekends, I usually come downstairs to this. I like to think that it's a fun little break from her crib because during the week, I put her back in it for the rest of her sleep time.
Random happiness after I dressed her for the day.
Excited eyes!
We like stripes!! I was just seeing if those pants fit yet (they do!) and she didn't wear this outfit all day, but I was tempted.
More fun while getting ready for another day! I didn't actually realize until right now how many days this week I took pictures of her getting dressed. Talk about an eventful week.....
Okay, this is another picture that reminds me of a photo of me when I was a baby and I need to find it. That's two now. I swear I'm going to find them and when I do they are going up here side by side with these shots of Amelia. Because most people think she looks more like Tom (and I agree) but some of her faces are identical to mine as a baby. It's weird.
Pants from Franny!! She loves them!!
She actually WAS kind of a monster that day. She was great during the first 30 minutes of the day (see above photos for proof) and then she was like this.
SO I put her on her tummy, which she actually really enjoys now. I have yet to see a huge smile or anything, but she looks super interested and in awe of the new view and perspective.
I like this one because her tongue is matching the hat. Thanks to Tom's mom for the hat by the way, we love everything you've made but this is one of my faves. I still need to get a picture of her and I wearing our monster hats together! That should be a project for next week.
When she's done with tummy time, she usually rolls over to her back. When she's done with the whole play mat altogether, she does this. There's no sound in this photo, but imagine that she's screaming into the mat while doing this face plant move. Legs kicking fiercely.
Happier times later.
She just looked so pretty....so I took the chance to have a little photo shoot.
She's finally started looking at the mirror that is above her at the top of the play mat. I don't think she really sees herself because it's a cheap little plastic mirror that is all warped and there's no way she is seeing anything that even looks like a human, let alone herself. But she must be seeing the colors and movements she's making because she's been spending much more time looking at it and she never did before.
This was Thursday, which was a beautiful day so we ventured outside. This is actually her first time hanging out in our front yard. She was a little skeptical, but didn't seem mad at it either.
The part of the yard we were in is a little sloped, which made tummy time a little challenging.
She loves being on her tummy :)
Showing off her name bracelet, handmade by her fake aunt Maggie. She loves it! (So do I!)
I love this one!
And I really love this one!! I was trying to get her lashes. It's hard because she's constantly moving. I got them during a peaceful moment but they are hard to see in this size photo and I don't know how to make the photo bigger. But if you click on it it will get big and you can see lashes!!
So that was the week. Well, it was the week through Thursday. I'll have to catch up on the rest of this weekend tomorrow!! For now, I should try to sleep some before she wakes up. But hopefully that won't be for another 7 hours. Hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment