Well, I'm guessing it was the last beautiful weekend of the year. It was gorgeous and warm and I was determined to get outside every day. Unfortunately, Tom got sick with a pretty bad cold AND he was super busy at work. So he wasn't able to enjoy it as much as he would have liked to but he did his best.
On Friday I met up with Teresa and Megan from work and we had lunch on the patio at Houlihans. It was so nice out, I could barely believe it. Amelia was great, aside from having a giant blowout sometime during lunch. It was kind of funny actually because she was so calm and happy that I had no idea she was actually in a fairly distressful situation until Megan picked her up to hold her. We were all surprised to find that she was covered in a pretty big mess in the back. Fortunately we were outside so I just cleaned her up right there by the table. Good times with a baby! This picture was taken after she was cleaned up and got a clean outfit. She continued to be a super great kid all afternoon as we drug her to a couple stores to shop for things we don't need.
This was later that night as she had some pretty intense and happy times on the play mat. She's been doing this almost every night between 10 and 11. She's a party animal. I like this picture because it looks like she is spinning her arm right off!
Bracelet made by Maggie. Thank you Maggie, it's beautiful and she gets compliments on it all the time!
Saturday was also gorgeous out. Teresa had told me about the Pumpkin Festival that was going on in her town over the weekend and we decided to meet her there. Tom was still not feeling good at all, but he came along anyway. I may have pressured him a little. I just really wanted everyone to really get out and enjoy the nice weather!
After dealing with some crazy backed up traffic thanks to construction, we finally got there. The Festival was fun. There were lots of crafts and food and things for kids to do. Someday Amelia will be old enough to enjoy it. There was a cute little train ride that I bet she'll love later. It was pretty hot and I immediately got this giant cream soda float.
Oh and I got a hot dog too. Did I mention it took forever to get there and I was starving by the time we arrived?
After walking around a bit we wandered away from the crowd to hang out in the shade and get Amelia fed.
Sideways photos again. Oops!!
Teresa held her for a couple minutes. This is how it started.
And this is how it ended! Poor Teresa thinks Amelia hates her. She doesn't, really.
Funnel cakes!!!
This morning Tom had to go into work to get caught up on some extra stuff. Amelia has still been sleeping really well. She sleeps off and on for about 12 hours, but not straight through. She falls asleep between 10:30 and midnight (usually closer to midnight and sometimes even later!) sleeps for 6-9 hours, wakes up to eat, then falls right back to sleep for 2-3 more hours, immediately crashes asleep, then sleeps for another hour. Anyway, this last time she wakes up for the day is usually around 11 or noon, and since she just ate an hour or so earlier, she wakes up fairly happy, instead of waking of crying and hungry. I'll be downstairs and hear her up there making sounds and being a tiny bit fussy, but not crying. So I go up there and look in the crib and see her all kinds of happy!!! I love it and today I brought the camera in there to catch some of the happiness.
This joy to be awake does not come from me. We decided that her sleep habits are currently a mix of the two of us. The "stay up late and sleep in late" is me. The "waking up ready to go" is him. I'm a little less chipper. Not grumpy, just not very alert. As long as she is awake, she's alert. Even if she just woke up.
You can see her long fingers in this one. Usually her hands are moving or balled up in fists so it's hard to catch in photos but she has very long fingers. And toes. This also does not come from me.
Shortly after she was up for the day, Tom came home from work and had some play time with Amelia. I love this hat, Tom's mom made it for Amelia. Thanks!!
To finish off the beautiful weekend we took a stroll along the trail. This is actually a very long trail that goes around the suburbs of Pittsburgh and parts of it are very pretty. And parts of it have a "stunning" view of the shopping area, or the highway, depending where you are at. At this point there is beautiful foliage and a creek that make a kind of interesting contrast with the Costco in the background. Funny, and kind of sad too. The whole trail isn't like this though, a lot of it is quite nice. Not that I don't like Costco. In fact, right after this walk we went there and did a little shopping while I ate a hot dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment