Monday, January 4, 2010

While I'm catching up on posting, I thought I'd throw in a few of our trip to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History and Art. We went back in November I think. Or December, I really don't remember! Anyway, this place was amazing. This is only a few of the pictures, plus not all areas were camera friendly. They had the best collection of minerals I've ever seen, we easily spent the most time in those rooms. Tom sort of has a thing for this geology stuff ;) And they were really pretty.


A view from above. The building was gorgeous.




The displays were beautiful too. Hard to capture, so you have to strust me ;)



Oh my goodness, this was my lunch before the museum. We went to this diner in the strip district and they have pancake sundaes. We heard about it on the show "Man vs. Food" and I had to go there! These are the Mounds pancakes. They are chocolate coconut pancakes, with a scoop of ice cream and coconut and chocolate syrup. I couldn't finish it but it was amazing!!! Thanks for the tip Adam Richman.


4 comments:

  1. Chocolate coconut sundae pancakes! That is four of my favorite foods combined into one mouth-watering creation! Why have I never tried this?! The Carnegie museum sounds incredible! We seriously MUST come out and visit you. Where is my Star-Trek-style transporter when I need it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE to come out!! I can almost guarantee that this diner doesn't have vegan friendly sundae pancakes but they do have this awesome mixed grill thing with tons of veggies. BUT, the museum is for sure a place we would take you guys. The minerals go on for days!!! These are just a couple shots, I'll have to show you more later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gretchen! I have been wanting those pancake sundaes ever since I saw that episode. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sasha!! How the heck are you?!! Your baby is sooooo adorable! I've read your blog and it was so fun to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete