These next pictures represent one of my favorite things about Pittsburgh: They have all kinds of dinosaurs!!! All over. And you just randomly see them. There were apparently 100 on display at the Children's Museum several years ago and when the exhibit was over, the museum auctioned them off. So different businesses and people bought them and now they are all over! It's my goal to find all of them. But it's not just those dinosaurs, I've seen several much larger dinosaurs around here. Even the airport has a couple. I want pictures of those too! I've seen several, but these are the only ones I pictures of so far. Once it's not so snowy, I'm going to have to go out and spend a day hunting them down.
This is just to help me get events and day to day life recorded so I won't forget them later. Bad memory, you win.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Gingerbread and Dinosaurs
Okay, this is the last of posts for tonight. And quite possibly, for a month! Well, I hope not. The first ones are from the PPG building in downtown Pittsburgh. It's a gorgeous building, and crazy tall. It's actually made up of multiple buildings over several blocks, and one of them can be seen from all over the city because it's soooo tall. I had heard that they have a gingerbread house display from school classes in the area. There were so many! I've included a couple shots of my very favorite ones, there were tons of great ones.
This is one of the Santas in the Winter Garden. It was pretty neat. They had probably close to 20 different versions of santa from different countries with descriptions of what the story behind that santa is. This one was from Poland I think? I liked the stars on his robe.
This CandyLand one was awesome!
This tree was surrounded, and a train was running through. And these were just the ones inside! There were many more in the windows of the other buildings.
This one made us laugh. In case you can't read see, it's titled "Christmas Insane Asylum". Haha!
This is the skating rink that we never got to skate at because everytime we tried to go, it was raining. I think it's open all winter, but I really wanted to skate around the tree. Better luck next year I guess!
These next pictures represent one of my favorite things about Pittsburgh: They have all kinds of dinosaurs!!! All over. And you just randomly see them. There were apparently 100 on display at the Children's Museum several years ago and when the exhibit was over, the museum auctioned them off. So different businesses and people bought them and now they are all over! It's my goal to find all of them. But it's not just those dinosaurs, I've seen several much larger dinosaurs around here. Even the airport has a couple. I want pictures of those too! I've seen several, but these are the only ones I pictures of so far. Once it's not so snowy, I'm going to have to go out and spend a day hunting them down.
We randomly drove by this one, thankfully I had my camera (and I wasn't driving)
These were at the PPG building.
And so was this one!!!! I nearly fainted when I saw this one. We were visiting those gingerbread houses and we turned a corner and there I saw my two favorite things melded into one glorious dinosaur!!! I almost didn't even see the other two at first. If anyone knows how much I love Heinz 57 ketchup, they will understand. The fact that it is made here in Pittsburgh makes it pretty exciting to live here, but seeing this was beyond anything I thought I would see. When I heard about this dinosaur thing, I should have guessed that there was a ketchup one. Some how I didn't. But it made for a fantastic surprise.
These next pictures represent one of my favorite things about Pittsburgh: They have all kinds of dinosaurs!!! All over. And you just randomly see them. There were apparently 100 on display at the Children's Museum several years ago and when the exhibit was over, the museum auctioned them off. So different businesses and people bought them and now they are all over! It's my goal to find all of them. But it's not just those dinosaurs, I've seen several much larger dinosaurs around here. Even the airport has a couple. I want pictures of those too! I've seen several, but these are the only ones I pictures of so far. Once it's not so snowy, I'm going to have to go out and spend a day hunting them down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, those dinosaurs are made of awesome!! I love how happy you are standing next to that Heinz triceratops! And the mirror-covered stegosaurus = very cool! The gingerbread extravaganza & gorgeous ice skating rink make me want to move there! As much as I hate that you are a bazillion miles away, Pittsburgh really does seem like a pretty fabulous city.
ReplyDeleteUmmmm.....you should just move here then!The gingerbread houses were amazing. I unfortuantely didn't get enough pictures that day because of a low battery :( Like, I would have loved to get more of that mirrored dino, but the camera was literally about to die and the Heinz dino had some priority. I also have a shot of a Nightmare Before Christmas house. And a carousel that made me think of P :)
ReplyDelete