This is the first day off that I've had to myself in a little while. Meaning I didn't have to work, make Thanksgiving dinner, or go on outings with Tom. All these things are fun, but it has seriously been awhile since I've had a full day to really get things done! And although I didn't do tons of extremely fun stuff, I am feeling awesome about everything I got done today. Starting at 7:30 this morning I was able to get to the doctor, go to the gym, do some grocery shopping, go to Joann's for fabric to make curtains, made lunch for Tom, ate lunch with Tom :), made dinner early in the afternoon so I would only have to throw it in the oven later, made the curtains for my craft room, cleaned the kitchen (including dishes), did laundry, got our bedroom picked up, AND spent about an hour talking on the phone with Washington friends (I miss you guys!)
Whew! I am going to keep this list here so that I can remember how much I am capable of in a day when I really keep going. Also, I know that there will be days in the future when this will not be possible so I am thankful that I have this time now!
I am hoping that future days off will give me time to do fun things as well as completing tasks/running errands/cleaning. While at Joann's, I spotted some fabric that I think will make a great baby blanket and I couldn't help thinking that it would be a fun project to start!
Thanksgiving went well. The turkey turned out fantastically, I think I will always use that brining technique and recipe. It was a little strange being just the two of us, but it wasn't bad at all. In a way, it was sort of nice. I still missed family though, and made sure to make a few phone calls.
Well, even though it's not that exciting of a post, I can now add "blogged" to my list of accomplishments today!
Also, I have tried adding pictures to the last two posts and it doesn't seem to be working! I will look into it and keep trying!
That is a very impressive list of daily accomplishments! Nice work! :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I am really liking the idea of that baby blanket fabric you saw at Joann's! You must take a pic of the fabric when you buy it. (Please note that I said 'when', not 'if'.) Is it bright & colorful? Covered with adorable little giraffes? Can't wait to see!
P.P.S. Why did I not know you had been updating your blog since October?! Probably because I have not logged into or updated my own blog for months. Bad me. :( Anyway, I am super excited to see your updates & that will totally help motivate me to check in on the blogosphere more regularly. Fun! :)
I also got excited hearing you talk about baby blanket fabric! Everytime I think of you and babies it makes me giggly inside :). I just can't wait!! But, I'm supposed to be in bed. So now, I'll really save the rest for breakfast reading. I can't believe I didn't know you had a blog. I'm such a lame-o!
ReplyDelete