Sunday, January 22, 2012

First time eating solid food

A couple days before she turned six months old, we gave Amelia her first real "solid" food. That term is definitely used loosely, as what we gave her was some pretty thinned out rice cereal. Really, it was her first time getting food on a spoon. 
The night before we were going to feed her the first meal, I decided to make a big deal of it and make her a special baby apron, which is basically a giant bib that covers her whole body. I had seen the pattern on Pinterest and it looked simple enough to try it out. Plus, my closet is full of fabric just begging to get used. So, the day of the grand event, I made it for her. It really was simple, and didn't take long. Maybe an hour? Thankfully Tom was home to hang out with Amelia because she definitely would have wanted in on the action. 
I like it and hope to find the time to make some more soon. It really does cover her well, which I think will be great when she's feeding herself later on down the line. 

The back. 

The rice cereal. 

In her seat and ready. 
 Well, she was ready for a second, then the cupcakes got her attention. 

Trapped behind the tray. Baby lock down. 

I would say that she was very excited and ready to eat, but really, she'll reach for anything that she thinks she can grab. 

First bite. 

It all came right back out. 

Still not sure of things. 

It was definitely hard to keep it in there. 








She pretty much just wanted the spoon and kept grabbing it and doing her best to keep it in her mouth. 

So I just let her have it. 

I'm really not sure how much actually made it into her tummy. It appears that most of it is on her face and bib. 

 She loved that spoon. 





Yeah, that's a lot of food on that bib. 

The next day, we went for round two. 


Despite her face here, it actually went really well and she kept pretty much all of it in her mouth. She was fussing because she couldn't reach the bowl. 


When she had it, her mood changed instantly. 

Seriously, everyone told us this but it's moments like this that are proof that kids don't even need toys. Just hand them regular stuff. 


If you think that bowl is about to bite the dust, you are correct. 

And this is the sadness that came from the lost bowl. 

So when we took the tray off the seat, this is how we found her feet! Sometimes this kid is more funny than I can handle. She really knows how to use those feet, they are like a second set of hands. 


A much cleaner bib the second time around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment