This really is going to be mostly photos, as there isn't too much to really SAY about what's been going on around here. She did have her six month appointment a little early, so there is that I guess!
Amelia is getting a little more mobile. She's definitely made some backwards movements, but I'm not sure if it counts because those movements happen when she's clearly trying to move forward :)
She's great at turning in circles, though she's been doing circles in her sleep since she was six weeks old. She always scoots and turns in her sleep. It used to be in the same direction (down and to her left) but now she's all over the place. She sometimes even flips onto her tummy. The girl can't stay still. Even when we are holding her, she's trying to get somewhere else, or grab something.
Like here, when she's getting Tom's face. She loves to grab faces right now, and is pretty close to being able to rip my lower lip clean off my face. It hurts.
These are just some random fun pictures.
She is still blowing raspberries; sometimes she does them all day long!
We had her on the couch after a diaper change and for some reason she was in a crazy happy mood. I guess a clean diaper will do that. She kept going between making these crazy faces (coming up soon) and bursting out into giggles. Pretty fun. Moments like this make me want to have ten babies. Fortunately there are many other moments that cancel that thought out ;)
I got camera smart and turned on the flash.
Tom was behind the couch and looking at her from above while putting his hands on either side of her head. She thought it was funny and terrifying all at once. Mostly funny though.
This is the face that she kept making between her real smiles. I don't know what it means. My guess is that it's just another way to get some energy out. She's been known to have so much energy and excitement that she just wiggles and shakes and vibrates and I think this face is part of that.
She's still not sitting up on her own yet at all, so I'm still propping her up when I can. And she's still sliding right back down. She'll get it at some point.
Tom took these from above the couch while she was trying to get the camera. One day she's really going to get it and I'm not going to think the whole thing is so cute.
She's still not a thumb sucker, she prefers her fingers. At least two at a time, but here she was going for all four.
We took Amelia into the doctor on the 18th because she had gotten some kind of rash on her abdomen area. It showed up last Thursday morning, and by a week later it had spread further than her abdomen and looked worse. She had her six month appointment scheduled for Monday the 23rd already, so they just let us come in early to check her out and do the routine stuff.
They weren't too sure about the rash. It doesn't seem to bother her and she doesn't have other symptoms or issues. The doctor guessed it was some mild excema/dry skin thanks to the super dry winters. Which makes sense considering my hands and feet have been super dry and scaly lately. We are putting cortisone and a super moisturizing lotion on her a couple times a day to see if it helps.
As for the rest of her appointment, everything went as well as could be. Tom came to this one, which was nice since he hasn't been to one she was a few weeks old, I think. He hasn't seen any shots, so he got to witness her really screaming and crying. She gets fussy at times, but Amelia really isn't much of a full on crier, at least now that her feedings are better. She did used to cry at feedings. But in general, she's a pretty content baby who mostly just fusses when she's upset. So seeing her really cry about something can be tough.
She weighed in at 12 lbs 12 oz, which is still pretty small for a six month old, right around the fifth percentile, but she is gaining weight better than she was at 4 months, when she had dropped off the curve altogether. She was always between the 5th and 10th percentiles before that, so she's back to where she used to be and that is good! Her length was close to 25 inches, I think.
This is her the night of the shots, before her bath. It's hard to see the rash in the photo, partly because it's not that bad and partly because of the lighting in there. It's basically a bunch of dark pink tiny little bumps all over. There were days when it wasn't even pink, but the bumps were there. And the silver band-aids are where she got her shots, poor kid.
On Friday, two days after the shots, we had her six month pictures taken. They had originally been scheduled for BEFORE the shots, but since we went in to the doctor early, that plan was messed up. She handles the shots pretty well, but she definitely loses her high level of energy for a couple days. So I wasn't sure how it would go. It went well, considering. She didn't cry or anything, but she definitely wasn't her usual happy self. The photos turned out well though, even if many of them are fairly serious. I'll try to get some of them up here soon.
This is her right after the photos. It sums up her mood pretty well.
After the photos we went to lunch at Texas Roadhouse. I needed some rolls and we were headed to that area anyway to check out a new grocery store. Which ended up not being open yet! So I'll have to try again next week, when it's actually open.
Here is Amelia checking out the potato skins. She got her first "solid" food later that day, which will probably be in the next post.
I love this picture because it's funny and because I think it's another picture that shows how much she looks like Tom. They really do make a lot of the same expressions.
Reaching for anything she can get her hands on.
After getting home from lunch she seemed to have perked up a little, so I did some of my own photos of her. But to be honest, I probably would have taken pictures of her even if she hadn't perked up. It's hard not to.
She definitely didn't have a smile this big at the photo studio. Sigh. Oh well, at least she wasn't crying during the photos either. Maybe her nine month photos will be a little more exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment