This is post is basically just an excuse to throw in a ton more pictures of my over photographed child.
Amelia is nearly six months old and is definitely getting stronger and showing more and more personality every day. She is still far more interested in standing than sitting, and she likes this jumparoo thing a little more every day.
She really likes this yellow monkey. I've noticed that she's drawn to yellow things in general. One day I wore my bright yellow Cheerios shirt and she lit up when I came down the stairs and reached out to grab my sleeve while Tom was holding her. This monkey is the first thing she goes to on the jumparoo.
He hangs there and is attached, which is rough because when she likes something she generally wants to chew on it. She can't lean forward far enough to get it in her mouth, and she tries to pull him to her and that doesn't work either.
This is the result of her not being able to really get that monkey. Sadness.
Frustration.
Look at her watch him with longing. Poor kid.
Fortunately, this bug is on a stem that she can pull up to her.
So, the bug can cheer her up.
The sum helps too. It spins.
When she's on her tummy she's been pushing up really high on her hands. She used to just stay on her elbows, but now she's moving up. She loves it and always looks so happy to be pushing up so high.
She's blowing raspberries in this one. Later, she was doing quite a bit of laughing, which I got on video. I swear, someday I'm going to get her videos on here!
More raspberries. She's a pretty funny kid.
One weekend while Tom had a lot of work to do, Amelia and I went out to an early dinner with Bri and Teresa from work. Afterwards, we just HAD to go check out the store and say hi to everyone else working. She got a lot of attention and had a good old time :)
Here she is with Bri, all wrapped up in Teresa's scarf. I don't remember why.
Bri is in denial that she's holding a baby and loving it.
With Tersesa
We rounded up all her little toys that are always scattered around and put them in a bin. One time while I was sitting on the floor with her on my lap, she pushed up on her feet, grabbed the edge of the box, and then leaned in to find a toy! It was so cute and she looked like such a big kid. We missed getting pictures of that instance, because the memory card was filled (happens a lot around here) but a couple days later we caught her playing in it again. It's currently one of her favorite things to do. She pulls out a toy, drops it on the floor, and then goes in for another.
I love how she holds onto the side for support. She means business.
Found a giraffe!
These last pictures are just a ton of her laying around and pushing up on those arms. When she's by the window it's usually really great lighting and I can't help but take a ton of pictures. And she looked so happy, how could I not?!
Love this one!
She's just started to sometimes lay her head down on the ground and relax a little. She never used to do this at all. If she was on her tummy, her head was always up. And if it wasn't up, it was face down while she cried in frustration. She still doesn't do this resting move very often, but when she does it looks so peaceful and calm.
And she's back up!
She loves staring out the window. I think she's going to like being outside as much as possible. She loves when we do get out there, when weather permits.
No comments:
Post a Comment