The rest of October went by in a flash!! So fast. Probably because we had so much fun.
First of all, Amelia turned 3 months old in the 23rd. I can't believe she's already three months. Yes, I know I say this every time she has a milestone birthday. But it's the truth. I can't believe it. Three months sounds like such a long time and I still feel like we just brought her home.
I forgot to mention it in the last post (I'm not sure how!) but Amelia has starting laughing and it's the best thing ever. She started two days before her three month birthday. I probably will never forget it. It was 11:40 at night and I was waiting for Tom to call and let me know he was ready to be picked up at the airport. This was when he was gone all week. Anyway, she was in her swing, which is not always her favorite, so I was trying to keep her happy by sitting right in front of the swing and every time the swing came forward, I would blow a raspberry and basically make a fart sound. Something we've learned about Amelia is she loves a fart sound as much as the next guy. And the next guy is Tom. She definitely gets this from him.
But, those noises always make her smile so I did it. She started by smiling but then she got extra happy and started laughing! She was full on giggling and I was so excited! I started laughing with her and making as many silly noises as I could just to keep her laughing. I'm sure I looked ridiculous but hey, whatever works. I was so happy about it I swear I got teary eyed. I really really wish Tom had been there but he did eventually hear some laughs a few days later. She doesn't do it all the time, not even every day, but when she does....it's the best :) I'm sure she'll be laughing all the time soon.
This first one is just Amelia gazing out the window. Her mat is right by our sliding glass door and she loves to stare out there to the porch. Who knows what she's really looking at, but it's cute.
Whatever she's looking at, she likes it.
Spit bubbles. These happen often.
Loving on her giraffe.
Every once in a while I try her in the Bumbo. She'll seem a little bored on the mat and I think this will be a fun new view. And it is fun, for a couple minutes.
AFTER a couple minutes, this is what the Bumbo does to her.
Hates it. Someday, she'll like it. Either that or she plans to lounge around and never sit up all the way for the rest of her life. Good luck to her ;)
After the Bumbo trauma, it was back to the mat to settle down. Thank goodness for that giraffe.
This has been happening a lot lately too. Drooooool!!
Oh my goodness, I love this face!
So she's started to do this thing where when she's on her tummy she pulls her legs up under her. It's almost as if she's trying to get up on all fours. This is her on her knees but she pulls those knees all the way up under her, to her belly. I'm not sure if she just doesn't know that she needs to push up on her arms, or if she's trying to push up on her arms and doesn't have the strength yet. Either way, she'll do this for quite awhile and fuss the whole time because she's not actually getting anywhere. This kid wants to move.
When she's on her back, she does a similar thing, but in reverse. She'll push her tummy and bottom up so just her feet and shoulders are touching the mat. Well, she does it when she's not kicking her legs like a madwoman. She loves to kick and is starting to learn that kicking the poles on the mat make the whole thing shake and rattle. Which she loves.
Nothing special happening here, I just like this one.
Same with this one :)
She also started loving the mirror in the last couple weeks. I'm sure she doesn't actually recognize herself but she does seem to see us and she smiles really big. It's fun. I took a ton of pictures of her loving the mirror after her bath last week.
She sees herself, but doesn't get it yet. I wish I knew what she was thinking!
This is a totally random picture of a breakfast ring that I made. I've been on Pinterest a lot lately and I've found many delicious recipes there which has resulted in me cooking more. Or at least cooking NEW things and not the same old same old. I think Tom has been enjoying it. Most of the stuff turns out great, we've only come across a couple that we didn't like so far. Our favorite is a delicious recipe for homemade orange chicken. I've already made it more than a couple times, it's that good.
I took this one because I couldn't believe that she fell asleep in her bouncer. She doesn't seem to enjoy her bouncer much at all and I only put her in it occasionally. Mostly when I need to spend more than a couple minutes in the kitchen and she's awake and doesn't want to be alone in the other room. She'll tolerate it for a bit, but never seems to like it. Anyway, I had her in it while I pulling out some muffins and putting the second round in and next thing I knew, she was asleep! She must have been real tired. I left her there and she slept for a good 45 minutes, it was crazy!
This is an attempt to show her long fingers, but they never look as long in the picture as they do in person.
I like this one because she looks like she's trying to wave me away, like she can't be bothered right now.
And this is her dressed as a strawberry! The hat was made by Tom's mom and she looked so cute in it!! This was the Saturday before Halloween. We went over to Landon and Lauren's to carve pumpkins and have a mini Halloween party.
Pumpkin muffins, Halloween style. Lauren made some delicious peanut butter rice krispie treats, so we were set for a good sugar high.
Amelia with Landon!!
I didn't carve anything, I just put her name on her little pumpkin.
She's less than enthused. Eating her hand is her big priority lately.
Carving away.
Tom's is on the right and Lauren's is on the left. Landon's wasn't quite ready to light up. They all looked so good!
Tom just had to give his pumpkin a beer. Can you hear my eyes rolling?
I made her several hats before she was born, and she's finally fitting into them pretty well. She loves to wear hats, which is great because she has tons and I think she looks good in them. She's pretty good with headbands too actually. I just have to make sure they are tight enough to not fall into her eyes!
This was a day that our heater was on the fritz so I kept her pretty bundled inside all day. Tom fixed it, but in the mean time Amelia looked like she was ready for a good jog in the brisk cold air.
I don't even know how she makes all these faces.
Loving life :)
And finally, here is Amelia on Halloween. She didn't go trick or treating, and actually, she didn't even help me hand out candy. But I dressed her up anyway. Because it's cute. And because I can.
Can't wait until next year when she'll be able to go out and do some trick or treating! We have a good neighborhood for it. Lots of kids but it's not big enough to wear her out or anything. Should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment