Okay, here is the rest of the photos.
This is still Animal Kingdom, from the middle of the trip. I don't have pictures of it because it happened after dark, but Animal Kingdom is where Tom, Avonlea, and Wesley all went on the Expedition Everest ride at least a half dozen times. It has a HUGE drop and I didn't want any part of it. It actually was shut down for a repair when they got to the line (not comforting) but they waited it out and by the time they got on there was hardly any line and the park was closing in 20 minutes so they just kept getting off the ride and getting right back on. It was pretty funny, and I'm glad their wait paid off.
This one cracks me up.
This is the ferry over to Downtown Disney. This was Tom's last day with us, he left the next morning. Downtown Disney was super busy because it was Saturday but it was fun. I got to go to Basin, which was my number one goal there. They have the best bath bombs ever and there are literally maybe two or three stores in the country. I got hooked on the store when I went to Disneyland several years ago. It's a good thing I only get to shop there every few years because it would be a real problem if I had access to it all the time.
Giant toy store. We did some good pin trading here, because there were lots of employees running around.
Lighthouse by the water at our resort. The second week we were staying at Disney's Old Key West resort. The grounds were very pretty.
Taken from the ferry, this is the building that has the main office, a restaurant, activity center, shop, and some other things.
The pool! I love that sandcastle slide. Tom and I did not use this pool, but the girls did.
Tom's last night at the parks, we went back to the Magic Kingdom after Downtown Disney. We somehow missed getting the pineapple Dole Whip the first time we went, so we made sure to get some this time. We went after the sun went down, but it wasn't TOO cold for Dole Whips!
Tom had a very early flight the next morning, so he left around ten. I left with him to get everything sorted and packed and then I went back to meet up with everyone because we had access to the magic hours for guests of the Disney Resorts which meant we could stay after the park closed. That night, the magic hours went until 3:00 AM!!! It was so fun to run around the park with hardly any people. We got a second round of Dole Whip at about one in the morning, I did more Space Mountain, and Amelia basically slept the whole time. It was so nice to not have to wait for anything and not get lost in the crowds.
Meeting Buzz and Woody at Hollywood Studios.
Festival of Dancing Lights.
Amelia trying on the 3-D glasses for the Toy Story arcade game ride. She LOVED that ride. She likes anything that moves, and she also loved seeing the bright lights and colors on the video game screens.
Back at Magic Kingdom, meeting Ariel.
Some high action movement in the stroller.
More of the pretty castle!!
Nine pound lemon at Epcot. They have a boat ride called Living with the Land that takes you through their greenhouses and tells you all about how their innovative food production.
Epcot had a building where you stand in one line and get to meet five characters. I was super happy about this because they were all the classic characters and Amelia hadn't met any of them yet. It was great to get them all done at once, even though Amelia had just filled a diaper and was a little upset about it. It's obvious in some of these photos that she's barely holding it together. Don't worry, it only took a few minutes to get through all of them, and she got a change right after.
I'm just now noticing how short Minnie is. I'm taller than her, which means she is one small mouse!
Epcot got a Christmas tree sometime in the week we were there. It wasn't there on our first day at Epcot, but I'm glad it was there this night because it was so pretty!
Fireworks on the water at Epcot.
The office at the resort had different balloon animals for the kids and on one of our nights there the girls picked one out for Amelia and brought it out to her. It's a little yellow puppy and Amelia loved it.
Somehow this one of Tom from our very first day there ended up at the end. Oh well.
All in all, it was a great trip and I can't wait to take Amelia back when she's old enough to enjoy it even more than she already did. I'm interested to see what types of rides she likes. Tom likes all the roller coaster ones with the big drops. I HATE the drops but don't mind things that spin and twist, or have small drops. I should mention that the only exception to this is Space Mountain, which goes very fast and has some drops but it's all inside and is so dark that I can't see them coming. Seeing it coming up, and then seeing the ground fly toward you as you drop....that's what I can't handle.
So, we'll see what she likes. So far she enjoyed all the little slower moving rides she was allowed on. She loves to move and I imagine she'll like anything fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment