As I was writing that last post, I realized there were two more things I wanted to mention but I hadn't put in the pictures. So I'm making a continuation of sorts.
After yesterday, I pretty much just tried to relax and I hung around the house all day. The doctor had recommended that I rest for a day or two so I went ahead and called in to work too. Which was weird, I've never called in before!
Anyway, at some point after I went outside and took those flower pictures, I was in the kitchen getting water and glanced out the window and saw a rather large box on our step! Which surprised me because I'd been home all day and never heard a knock or the bell.
So I went out there and this is what I found! A stroller! We had not ordered a stroller, and upon further inspection I found that it was from Tom's parents! Along with a baby monitor. Thanks guys, we love it! Tom is actually working on putting it together right now and he's talking about all the "adventures" Amelia will have in it. :)
He's pretty excited to take it out on some trails, it's very rugged and has tires that will be great for all the places Tom wants to take it. Which is why we love it already.
So he's working on it right now and if all goes well, it will look like this:
Pictures of the "build" will come later :)
I also wanted to record a really cute moment that I have been meaning to put in here all week because I'm afraid I'll forget! And I nearly did.
Sometime last week, Tom was reading to Amelia before bed. Now, she has been moving a TON lately. Yesterday and today in particular I have felt her all day long. Some of her kicks are even a little uncomfortable now that she seems to be getting to new places in there. Anyway, this particular evening, I hadn't felt her move much before I laid down in bed to hear Tom read. Tom read a very short little book about a girl who likes to get dressed up in different costumes. I believe the book is called "Ladybug Girl" or something. My friend Lauren spotted it in the clearance section at the used bookstore when we were shopping last week and it was only a dollar so I bought it.
So Tom reads it for the first time that night and I notice that she is kicking and moving like crazy! Movements I could really see. The story is short, and went quick. When it was done, I noticed that she totally stopped moving. Tom and I began talking about something and she moved a ton again! I told Tom I thought she was responding to his voice so we tested it out. He would stop talking, and she would stop moving. So he read the book again, and she went nuts!
By the way, the best part of Tom reading this book a second time was getting to hear him say the line "I'm a beautiful fairy princess," again! Hearing him say it the first time was pretty great, but the second time was icing on the cake.
After the second read through, Tom laid his head right on my belly and said a funny little rap to her which has the words "kick" and "punch" in it. Because of that rap (and a storyline from the show Community), he likes to call her a kickpuncher when she moves a lot. Anyway, right when he said "kick!" she kicked him right in the face! Funny.
It was really fun to see her respond to him that way. He definitely was happy. The next day I was naming things that the baby likes. I love to say things like "The baby likes strawberries" when I want to eat them. Or, "The baby likes to nap," and "The baby likes chocolate." You get where I'm going with this. But it works.
So I was listing some things that the baby "liked" that day and after my list, Tom added "And me." I confirmed that yes, the baby seems to like him :)
Okay, that really is all for now. I'm going to watch Tom build this stroller and annoy him with some more picture taking.
"I'm a fairy princess". Love it!
ReplyDeleteIt's so sweet that he reads to the baby!
I read your last post and I'm so glad everything is okay with you and Amelia!
P.S. Cool Stroller!