Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nursery Progress from the weekend

Well, this is probably going to be more pictures than anything else but they show some progress we had over the weekend.
This first one is doesn't show any sort of baby progress at all, but it was an epic moment for Tom. He LOVES to eat peanuts from the shell and as he was snacking the other night I heard him exclaim "Whoa!" he sounded shocked and happy all at once. Turns out, the shell he just opened had FOUR peanuts in it. Of course we took a picture to document this moment. It was a pretty big deal.
This is our Craigslist dresser that we found on Saturday. I know, it's technically a changing table, but I prefer the open style changing table that we got so it can eventually be shelves later when it doesn't need to be a changing table. I like drawers for dressers. Anyway, I like that the changing tables with drawers also often have that cupboard. So, this is the dresser in the closet now.

We also finally got a sheet for the cradle. It has little safari animals printed all over. I love it. And now, the baby actually has a place to sleep!
I finally figured out what I want the crib quilt to look like. Here it is all laid out. I've sewn some pieces together, and if I stay on top of it, it should be done this week. I've definitely gotten bigger and a little more uncomfortable this week, so I'm trying to get it done before it's way too hard to be bending over to the floor all the time.
This is Tom building the stroller. He was pretty excited. He loves to build stuff. His words, not mine.
And this is Tom testing the stroller out. Pretty cute. What you can't see in the picture is that he was lapping the dining room table testing out the pedometer and the Ipod speakers. It measures steps, distance, time, etc, and I don't know how many times he walked around the table with a stroller that was playing metal music but it was pretty funny. Also, he was able to determine that it would take an hour to walk a mile around the table if he kept the pace he was at. Good to know.
This was Tom's other big build this weekend. We finally got our crib!
It clearly still needs a mattress and bedding, but at least it's here and ready to go. And it looks pretty good next to our used changing table/future bookshelf.
That's all for now! Tomorrow is 28 weeks so there should be a picture coming soon for that. Also, I need to put up our Easter pictures! For now though, I'm going to put more time into that blanket. I want it done!


2 comments:

  1. It is so sweet to see the crib that sat in our bedroom for years. Because I am giving away all of our baby stuff, I got a little choked up looking at the place that Maddie and Mateo slept so peacefully. I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....I'm extra happy to use it knowing that you and your kids loved it so much! Don't worry, we'll take good care of it while we have it :)

    ReplyDelete