Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Signs of Spring!


This is a totally non baby related post because the next one I do today WILL be baby related and it will probably be long. It was kind of a busy week for baby stuff.

I just really wanted to share my excitement over what I saw in our yard today. It has been a rainy, stormy April and Spring can't get here fast enough. Fortunately, most days haven't been too cold, but the rain and the storms are pretty depressing. Just this morning Tom and I were both woken up by the loudest winds I have ever heard in my life. I was seriously tempted to go down to our basement laundry room and take some supplies because it sounded like a hurricane or tornado to me. Even though I've never been in either type of storm, so really, I wouldn't know what one sounds like.
Fortunately, the winds have since died, and it seems to just be rainy but with some breaks. So, at one point, I went and opened the front door to see if it was cold out, or just gloomy. It was surprisingly fairly warm. And when I looked down, I saw this beautiful start of something! To be clear, we bought this house in November and all the plants out front were dead or non existent. Also, we come in through the garage in the back of the house and rarely use our front door. So this really was a surprise for me. I can't wait to see what it becomes!
After seeing the green leaves sprouting out by the front step, I looked a little further and noticed that we also have bleeding hearts! And they are blooming!! For some reason, I love bleeding hearts. I admit that I don't like hearts at all. And pink is not my favorite color. I kind of hate it. But I've always loved this flower. Maybe because it's so unique looking. Or maybe because the hearts are "bleeding" and I'm depressing like that? I don't know. One thing I really like is that they obviously don't need any help from me to bloom :)
I'm jealous of our neighbor's tree, and their daffodils. We have a similar tree in our yard, but it has pink blooms. I love the white, although it's much more striking on a day when the sky is blue. Not so much here. But you get the idea.
Lastly, I noticed this little guy near the larger group of green leaves and I'm very excited to see what it becomes as well!
Overall, these plants have all made me that much more anxious to have Spring finally get here and stay here. They might have also encouraged me to get some potted plants for our back porch, which is what we see when we sit in our living room. Right now it's just an empty porch, and I would love to have something pretty to look at! Hopefully I can find something that takes minimal to no effort from me. Like the ones by the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment