So I mentioned that Tom and I did a little bit of outlet shopping for some things for the baby. Finally knowing that she's a girl was really exciting and it was fun to finally be able to get some things. It has been really hard to not get anything yet, as I was trying to be reasonable and wait until we knew who was in there.
Now some of you may know that I have been collecting baby clothes for awhile. Possibly since before I even met Tom. They are mostly gender neutral, and they were all on serious clearance when I found them. Or from yard sales. I like to be prepared. And I like tiny clothes. What can I say.
So, when we found out what we were having, I went through what I had and sorted out the things that are definitely just for a boy. Then Tom and I looked through the girl things, and the gender neutral items and had a ton of fun imagining our kid wearing this stuff.
What I noticed though, is that I apparently mostly got items that are for a kid that is at least a year old! And several are for 2 year olds. So, partly because we were excited about the gender, and partly because I actually do need some smaller items, Tom suggested we do some shopping :)
It's probably a little soon to be getting stuff, but we were pretty excited, and as I mentioned before, if Tom is suggesting shopping and is also interested in going along, I pretty much have to go with it. It's a rare, rare situation. Also, I guarantee we aren't the first people to find out what they are having and run out to get cute, tiny clothes.
Anyway, it was so much fun. It was another experience that made this baby seem even more real. And it was fun to go together. Tom was actually kind of into it, and had opinions on what he liked and didn't like. The best part was, we had very similar opinions, so it was pretty easy. I was pretty happy about the number of items I found that weren't pink, or covered in hearts and kittens and teddy bears. Don't get me wrong, there was a LOT of stuff I couldn't stand. But I was still pretty impressed at what I found over the course of two days. And it might be kind of silly to put up pictures, but this stuff makes me so excited that I have to share!!
I love these little hoodies. I'm quite sure our baby will live in this stuff in the fall and winter. Yes, the gray one is from the boys section. No, I don't feel bad about that.
This jacket was definitely the best deal we found. It was $1.70, down from $30 regular price!! Tom could hardly believe we got a brand new winter coat for so cheap. He didn't think it was possible. This is also one of the things we got from the boy's side but will totally work for a girl and is far less gag inducing than the jackets that were on the girl's side.
This is just a little winter outfit. Tom loved how soft the fleece pants were. That flower is the only shred of pink that came home with us.
Okay, these next two dresses are an example of why I love Gymboree. I LOVE giraffes, so when I saw this stuff on the clearance rack, I nearly died. These two are definitely Tom's favorites of the items we got. When I picked up this first one he said "We can take her to the zoo in it."
Now tell me, how am I not going to get this dress after Tom says something adorable like that? There's a little matching headband as well...somehow it didn't end up in the picture.
This is clearly the "other" giraffe dress. And it's bigger which means we shouldn't have gotten it, because we were supposed to be getting things for a small baby. Basically what happened is we could not decide which one to get, so we got a small one and a bigger one. But now she'll have a giraffe dress for this summer AND next summer. Which seems reasonable to me. Both these dresses are made of that really fine corduroy, which I love.
I know this only shows the back, but the back is pretty much the reason we got it. :)
This one is possibly my favorite. Possibly. The giraffes are really hard to compete with. See, I do like flowers on girls clothes sometimes ;)
Okay, these next three outfits are not from this weekend, but from my stash of clothes for the future that I got awhile ago. But, they are the ones I am most excited to use, and the ones that are definitely for a girl, so I'm putting them in here. They are also a prime example of why we needed smaller clothes, as these are all for the next summer or two.
I might have a thing for adorable matching hats and I hope she wants to wear them. I also apparently have a thing for sealife themes.
Oh my gosh, I LOVE this one. I wish I had a pineapple dress.
Okay, that is it. Sorry for the silly post, I just get overly excited about this stuff. I don't expect anyone else to :)
Every single one of those items is made of AWESOME!! The little corduroy giraffe dresses are seriously killing me!! I feel like they specifically manufactured those with Amelia in mind. :) And I remember when you bought that little purple & green plaid ensemble. It is so cute that I can't even look at it without smiling. <3 I can't wait to see Amelia sporting all these adorable outfits! :)
ReplyDeleteRight?! I think they WERE made basically just for her, even though I literally don't even know what she looks like yet. I mean technically, if the lady made a mistake, Amelia might even be a boy ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty excited for the purple and green too, especially because it has matching sandals which somehow didn't make it into the picture. But that one will have to be next summer :(
Haha! Well, if Amelia does turn out to be a boy (which is NOT going to happen), then those giraffe dresses are going to be darling on Baby Wagner, version 2.0. ;) Now I want to fast forward to next summer so we can see her toddling around in all those cute clothes! Every time I start to think about Amelia toddling around, it makes me want to look at real estate listings around Pittsburgh. Why must PA be a trillion miles from OR? *pout*
ReplyDelete