Well, tomorrow is officially 24 weeks, and Thursday is my next doctor's appointment, but I thought I would do a quick update on some work that we've done to get the nursery ready.
Basically, the way things are set up in our house right now is that we have our bedroom and two extra rooms. One room has a guest bed and all of Tom's things. The other has all of my stuff, with an emphasis on crafting. But it also includes some random things that don't really belong anywhere like yearbooks, old photos, etc. As you know, the plan is to turn "my" room into the nursery. So, we made some headway on getting a bunch of craft stuff out of the nursery and into Tom's room. I still need to decide what exactly to do with all of it, but I think most of it will live in there and the room will become a guest room/office/craft room/Tom's closet. We moved all this stuff last night, and as I type this, Tom is currently moving all his camping and hiking gear out of the closet in his room and down to the garage. Which is probably where it belongs anyway ;) Once that stuff is out of the way, my craft stuff should fit in the closet. I feel confident that we should be able to shuffle things around and make that one room work for both of us, and have an entire room for just the baby. For now though, we pretty much just moved stuff from one room to another.
And this is the result:
Yes, I have accumulated quite a bit of fabric, scrapbook supplies, and general craft paraphernalia. In my defense, a lot of space in "my" room was taken up by photos which are technically "ours." That's not much of a defense. Alright, I'll admit it. I just plain love fabric, stickers, markers, colored paper, yarn and all kinds of other whatnot. What's wrong with that?!
These posters were found in the back of my closet and sadly will probably not make the cut to the "keep" pile :(
I've had them a long, long time. I'm not even sure how long. But honestly, in the 5 years that I've lived with Tom, they have been hidden away and haven't actually been hung up. Oddly enough, he's not as big a fan of John and Johnny as I am ;)
And as much as I still love these posters, they don't exactly fit anywhere in our house.
So, I snapped a picture and will hold onto the memories. Time to officially move on.
This is the progress as of last night. The sewing machine and other items that are needed to sew were left in there for now so I can keep making blankets and other baby items. As soon as there is space in the other room, I will move my sewing into there. But at least we have some space to put some baby stuff in here!
The now empty closet. Well, it's not exactly empty, but it looks empty compared to how full it was before. And now it only has baby stuff in it.
So that's where we are at. Actually, it's probably even better than that since I've seen Tom doing a lot of transporting of items as I type this. Maybe I'll have some more updates tomorrow :)
I'm impressed by how empty that closet looks now. I haven't seen a non-overflowing closet in our house in about five years. I also love that Amelia already has Monster High dolls in her closet. She is already the coolest kid on the block. *bids farewell to Lloyd, Johnny, & Jack* :)
ReplyDelete