Monday, September 24, 2012

September 22-23, 2012 - Another trip to the farm

For the last few days, Amelia has found a new toy in Tom's shoes. She's sort of always loved playing with our shoes, but she's recently discovered the fun in dragging Tom's shoes around by the laces, and it keeps her entertained for quite some time. 


At 14 months old, Amelia finally got her first ponytail. I could have tried it awhile ago, but it would have been pretty short, and I was satisfied with the clips as far as hair styles go. But she's been pulling those out, and her hair is finally starting to get to the point where it's getting into her eyes, so I tried this out. It's messy, but pretty cute. If I do say so myself. 



On Saturday we took a drive downtown to try out the Church Brew Works. I sort of can't believe that we've lived here for nearly three years and haven't been here yet. They brew beer, for goodness sake! You'd think that Tom would have drug us here years ago. Literally. I think this is a testament to how much we avoid going downtown. Which really is our loss, because I'm sure there is a lot of great stuff we are missing. 

Anyway, we've been hearing about this place forever, and we finally went. It's a restaurant/brewery inside what used to be a huge church. So the decor and furnishings are really pretty and unique. Really high ceilings, gorgeous paintings and fixtures, stained glass, basically everything you'd expect to see in an old church.We thankfully got there before it got too busy, because this place fills up fast on a weekend. 

We happened to be there while they were celebrating Oktoberfest, and these guys were going around playing music for the tables. 

The best part of the night was when that accordion player came to chat up the table behind Amelia. I think the girl waved him over to tell him that her father used to play one, and she really appreciated hearing his playing. Anyway, while he was behind Amelia and talking to that group, Amelia turned right around and patted his velvet pants right on his bum! They weren't light pats either, it was almost a grab. To his credit, the man didn't even flinch, and kept his conversation going. When he turned to walk away he laughed as we apologized and said it was fine. I was a touch embarrassed, but it really was funny. She's been known to pat servers as they stand and take our order, but never on the rear! We might need to work on some personal boundaries sometime soon. 

This is what it looks like when you walk in. Seating on either side of the main aisle, and huge brew kegs up front where the organ used to be. 


The pretty stained glass out front. 


Playing with shoes again before bed. 



On Sunday, we decided to go back to the farm where I had just been apple picking with the moms group. That weekend was the start of the hayrides and activities, so we decided to check it out as a family. 
Amelia was all smiles on the car ride there, but for some reason all the smiles left when we got there. I still don't know why. Maybe she was tired, or just feeling a little under the weather? So after this, she looks a little somber in the photos. But we did have fun, I promise. 


At the front, outside the market!

We started at the petting zoo, but she just kind of hung out and didn't pet any animals this time. She didn't cry or run or anything, just kind of stared at them. So. There are no photos of that!

We took a hayride out to the field of activities. As we got on, everyone got to take an apple. I found a small one for Amelia to hold and play with, and she held onto it entire rest of the afternoon. It was hilarious. She never put it down. She didn't really eat it either, just kind of chewed on it like she chews on everything else. 



These cutout characters never really work out, but I always have to try. 


Going through the corn maze. 

Trying to get a family picture in said corn maze. Amelia kept pushing me away. Rude. 

She also wouldn't smile, and this is the best we got. I'll take what I can get though!!

Tom and Amelia going down the 100 ft slide. 


Still clutching that apple!

Tom found something even he could enjoy. 

It's tough riding a bike one handed. 


More slide time.

Waiting for the next hayride to take us back. 

There's our ride! 

View of part of the farm. 

2 comments:

  1. That man-sized tricycle...quadra-cycle?... was AWESOME. I never would've been able to pull Dan out of there.

    And I cracked up -loudly- when I read about Amelia grabbing that guy's velvety bum. So crazy funny. Love that girl :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Tom is happy we had kids just so he can justify activities like man sized tricycles. And slides ;)

      And the bum grab was SO funny. We were dying, but trying really hard not to laugh loudly and ruin the nice conversation he was having. Tom immediately said that he wished I had gotten a photo of it, and I totally agree. It would be great blackmail for later, which I think is necessary to have around.

      Delete