Wednesday the 18th was our last full day in Corvallis. Sad face. We started the day by waking up sort of late-ish (this kid likes to sleep in!) and then we picked up sandwiches to go eat at the park with Dad.
Amelia had a great time running around the playground, and we couldn't keep her off the stairs. Climbing is her big passion. And crawling super fast. We are on the top floor of our hotel and I keep joking that the people below us must think we have some sort of crazy animal in our room, because she zooms from one side of the rooms to the other.
Doing a little standing and stepping.
And the bear crawl!
She had a good time going down the slide with Grandpa Larry.
And again!!
Once she was at the bottom, she decided it might be fun to try to climb back up. I think Tom was pretty excited to see her attempt this. Maybe they'll do some climbing of real mountains in the (distant) future.
She actually got pretty high up on her own, even I was impressed.
Then it was slide time with Tom :)
After our park picnic, we stopped by Grandma's house one last time before heading off. Here is Amelia with her Great Grandma Grahyl.
And being shy with Great Grandpa Vern. She was tired, and just needed a nap.
After saying goodbye to family (and shedding a few tears), we headed over to visit with the Capulets! She started with a little playtime, then a little nap while we kept visiting, then we all went out to China Blue for some dinner. Which happens to be my favorite Chinese food ever. Nowhere that I ever live has a place like China Blue, and I make it a point to go there every time I am in Corvallis. And it's even better going with friends.
We had just seen these girls in Disney World back in November, but man, have they grown! I couldn't believe how different they each looked after just 8 months!
The following pictures (and there a lot) are all from the evening, and are very likely to be out of order because they came from two cameras. I had failed to make much room on my camera after all the birthday pictures, but thankfully Avonlea had more than plenty of room on hers, and took tons of pictures for me to steal.
Here's Pemberley and Arbury teaching Amelia all about the wonderful world of dolls. Disney princess dolls, to be exact.
Amelia was given a bag of beautiful dresses from the girls, and somehow she ended up wearing one over her clothes for awhile. A little big, but very cute!
Arbury and I :)
I love this mashup of the girls!
And here is just a few of my favorite shots from a little self photo shoot, courtesy of Avonlea. My guess is she was just a little excited to see Amelia ;)
Trying to get the camera, as usual.
Avonlea read her a Sandra Boynton book, and had Amelia in a FIT of giggles. Every time the word "oops!" was said, Amelia lost it. That word is on every page, and the book was read more than a couple times, so it was an extended amount of fun.
Here is a funny little video of the fun. I could listen to the giggles in this thing all day long!
Amelia started dancing a few weeks ago. We have no idea where it started, as Tom and I don't dance at all. She probably saw a little on TV, but the first time I saw her do it she was just listening to the radio. She has definitely danced with the TV since then, especially when she sees people on there dancing. Like when we watch SYTYCD. I haven't caught any good videos of it yet, but thankfully, Wesley caught a little of it on their camera. She was grooving to the show, and might have some real skills in that department.
She loved the fish tank, and watch them swim around for a bit.
She got a remote from Wesley, who was probably her new best friend at that point.
More book time! I'm always amazed at how she never seems to get bored with looking at books and turning the pages over and over.
Yep, definitely out of order. Here she is in the dress again, and checking out one of the books that was also given to her for her birthday, along with the dresses.
And then there was another burst of photos taken, before we had to say goodbye.
So excited!!
Overall, it was a fun evening of catching up a bit, watching SYTYCD, and letting the girls all have a good time playing. Amelia was beyond worn out from the fun by the time we left, but it was all worth it. I really wish we could have stayed longer...why do we live so far away again?!
No comments:
Post a Comment