Monday, July 30, 2012

July: Week Three (Oregon Part 5 - July 21st)

Our last day in Oregon was spent just hanging out with Tom's parents and Kari on the boat. We had packed up the rental and checked out of the hotel, and it was nice to just relax for the day before heading back on a long overnight flight. 

One of the first things we did was Skype with Yvonne's sister, Sue. Better known as Aunt Soup :) 
Here is Amelia having her chat time with Aunt Soup. I think she was a little concerned that someone in the screen knew her name :)

Celery snack from Grandma to help with some teething. 

 Exploring the outside of the boat with Grandpa Dave



She loved racing around the outside. 





Trying out some walking. She practiced a lot of walking on the boat, she's definitely getting close!






Grandma Yvonne made Amelia some great hats to grow into this winter! They are definitely big now, but that didn't stop us from putting them on her anyway. The hat went down over her eyes pretty quickly, but Amelia didn't seem to care and just kept crawling around and giggling. It was pretty funny watching her crawl around blindly, and seeing her have fun doing it. 


Still fast, even when she can't see much. 

Playing with Grandma's cat. 



And of course we had to get some family photos outside, it was such a beautiful day and a great time to capture Amelia's first boat experience. 

Things got a little crazy for a minute. 


Happy family!

I love this one. They look like they are sizing each other up.




And Kari even jumped in for a photo!

Yay!!


This is from the day before. I don't know how it got here, but I'm too lazy to move it right now. So it stays. 

 After a delicious roast dinner, and lots of hanging out and even a visit from Dave's sister, Diana (of which I failed to get any photos of), it was time to head out to the airport. We had some tearful goodbyes in the parking lot, and I took some final photos with the grandparents. Amelia and Dave are finally friends, and I hope she remembers that the next time she sees him :)

 We had such a great time visiting, and are so happy that Amelia got to meet so many family members on this trip, and that they got to meet her! I really hope that it won't be too long before it happens again. We miss everyone already!

No comments:

Post a Comment