Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 4th-11th, 2012 - Six and half months - aka: Adventures in eating real food and scooting!

First, a couple random nap shots, because I love me a sleeping baby.


Next, some pictures of the baby food I made her. The first weekend of February I spent an evening baking and mashing food for Amelia. It is soooo much cheaper than buying the packaged baby food, and from what I can tell, tastier. It was actually super easy to do and what I made is going to last awhile. 
This is what I baked. Apples, acorn squash, and butternut squash. All I did was bake it all together, then scoop it out and blend it up. I also did a ton of avocado, but I didn't get a picture. 

Here is some of it, ready to go in the freezer!

 Acting a little tired on the mat. 

Popping up in an attempt to prove that she's NOT tired. She was, I can't be fooled. 

I love her feet! I finally got a good shot of what she is always doing with them, which is clasping them together like they are hands. 

Amelia doesn't get fancy all that often, but today she finally fit into a cute little hand me down dress from her cousin Maddie so I had to put her into it. This is the only one I got of her laying down before she flipped to her tummy and attempted some scooting. She won't be stopped. Thanks, Maddie, for the dress! She loves it and so do I!

I don't think she was making any real progress in movement on this day...maybe little scoots forward but nothing major. 

Her faces were cracking me up. I could never begin to count all her different expressions. 




I put her into a sitting position...it worked for a very short time. She basically just leaned further and further forward until she was on her belly. 

But she was really cute while doing it!! She might never sit on her own, but at least she's happy. 

This is Amelia, all kinds of mad that her laptop is just out of her reach. 

Yeah, she definitely wasn't moving yet if this was happening. Either that, or she was very tired. When she's tired she gives up on things much quicker. 

This picture right here is the reason we don't spend a lot of time being fancy. It doesn't last long. 

Her first real food (after rice cereal) was butternut squash. Or avocado. I don't remember honestly. This is a picture of the squash though, and she loves both. So far, the only food she hasn't liked is bananas. She hates them. I have some photos of that later. 
But, she likes squash, much to Tom's dismay. Meals around here might change a little now that we know she likes squash and cooked carrots. He's outnumbered.



Kind of random photo of a happy baby listening to me talk on the phone! She WAS moving by now for sure. A day or two before this was taken she had gotten very good at scooting around. We have been taking little videos of it and I'll have to get them on here someday. Hopefully sooner than later. 

Now that she can move, she can get to that laptop whenever she wants. 
This is her victory face. 

In mid scoot. She basically pulls herself forward with her arms; her legs are minimally involved at this point. 


Getting a little bundled to go out. 

This kid is so funny. 

Her feet touch the ground now! And she is taking full advantage of that. She goes a little nuts in that thing. We also have some cute videos of that. 

Love these nap laps. 

1 comment: