First up is a picture of Amelia with Grandpa Larry. It was taken on her one month birthday, August 23, 2011. She loved having him visit, even though it was hard to tell because she kind of cried a lot. It was a big five days for her, she got a little worn out.
Taking a birthday nap in mom and dad's bed. What a big kid.
Slowly waking up. She always wakes up by putting her arms up over her head.
These are from the 25th, when nothing really happened but she was being so expressive while sitting on my lap that I took a zillion pictures. Again. Here's about a dozen, which is only a fraction of what I took. Again. I might have a small problem.
Tom really likes this one.
This is Tom giving Amelia her first (and so far only) bottle. I've been pumping out extra milk so that he can occasionally help with feedings if I need a break or if I'm not home. Or someone else can, should we both not be home :) It went well, she sucked it down pretty quickly.
Later that day Tom was super tired and took a nap with Amelia. I took this picture because it was cute, but also to document Tom taking a nap. He NEVER naps, so this is epic. Welcome to being a daddy!
On Sunday I broke out her playmat to see if she would like to hang out there for a bit. If you can't tell from the pictures, she didn't like it all that much.
She liked tummy time even less. Here's the proof.
Sad, but these pictures make me laugh. I can't believe how mad she is!
This is a random early morning photo just to show how much she's grown!! This is Amelia at 5 weeks:
This is Amelia in the same jammies at 5 days old. Notice that in this one her legs don't even come all the way out, and the sleeves have to be rolled back. In the previous photo the end of the legs come to just below her knees!! She's a growing babeh!
Yesterday we tried the play mat again and it went much better.
Probably because I wised up and put the giraffe down there with her. Should've thought of that sooner.
Even tummy time went better!
This didn't last long. But it also didn't end in the same hysterics as the day before. Progress.
She also finally enjoyed the swing a little bit yesterday. We've put her in there a few times before and she hated it. I always hear that babies love swings so I just kept trying. She seems to like it now but not for a long amount of time. She'll fall asleep in it too, but again, not for long.
These are still from yesterday. She got more playmat time. The new outfit is thanks to a small diaper catastrophe.
So, yesterday was a lot of fun. She's been spending most of the afternoons awake lately, and it's nice to see her enjoying her "awake" time. Having her be so distracted while she has fun is also nice for me because I can do other things. Today while she swings, I'm working on this post. I was also able to make a crockpot dinner, make a pie, do a load of dishes, and sweep the floor. All in one afternoon! I don't think I showered...but it's alright. I haven't even left the house.
In other fun news, Amelia has been randomly smiling at us! Real smiles!! I saw the first one on Friday, and both Tom and I have seen a couple since then. So we've spent quite a bit of time up in her face trying to get her to smile at us some more. I can't wait until she smiles all the time. She has also been making sounds. Just random little "ahhs" and some squeaky sounds. It's really fun to hear her testing those vocal chords on something other than screaming ;)
In less fun news, she has definitely lost some hair and we've started to see some real tears. Just a couple tiny tears but they are soooo sad to see! Screaming because she wants something is one thing but when I see tears combined with her crumpled little face and her lower lip sticking out (she totally got that from me) it pretty much breaks my heart.
I love the comparison from 5 days to 5 weeks. She's grown so much!! She's such a cute baby. I can't wait till we get to see her in person :)
ReplyDelete