Well, I've made it to 38 weeks! As of today, I have 13 days left...which is kind of terrifying but I'm trying not to think about that too much.
The 38th week was somewhat uneventful yet kind of busy all at once. I had days with some crazy energy and I took advantage of that to work on the house a little more to prepare for a baby to live in it. We started to get my bathroom ready for Tom to share it with me, although that isn't quite done yet. He's going to move out of the hall bathroom and we will use that just for the baby and guests.
My day with the most energy was Tuesday, and while Tom was at work I cleaned up and organized our third bedroom which is where all my craft and sewing stuff ended up. It basically got tossed in there, and I've also used the room to sew so it was a huge mess. I should have done before and after pictures to show the immense change but I didn't. Either way, it's done now and we don't have to worry about it. I was on my feet all day on Tuesday, just doing things around the house and it was great. Especially because the next two days were significantly less productive thanks to a huge LACK of energy and also a frustrating inability to sleep regardless of how tired I am. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.
One other project we did was to get our room entirely ready for the baby to be in there with us. We got it all cleaned up and better organized so that the cradle fits right next to the bed. Then I realized that I should probably have bedding that is a little less "dry clean only" considering I plan to nurse at night and I know babies love to spit up and drool and all that other fun stuff. So I went ahead and switched up the bedding and got out the quilt my grandma made us for the wedding, which I love!
So, our room went from this:
To this:
Now if I can only figure out what to do with this:
I hate that giant open wall and I just can't decide what to put there. Shelves? A place to sit? It obviously needs some decoration but vaulted ceilings stump me a little. I have a bunch of frames that I've always intended to put wedding photos in and they would probably work there, but I have yet to actually print any wedding photos! Maybe that's something I can get done in the next 13 days?
So this is me at 38 weeks, definitely popping out some more!
Tomorrow morning is my 38 week doctor appointment, here's hoping that goes well and they have better news about my pelvis. I'm hoping it got bigger somehow. We'll see. I have definitely had more of the painless little contractions, and Saturday I have some cramping and low back pain. Tuesday was similar, although I had more energy. I feel like my body is getting ready, all I can do is hope that it's sooner than later!
So that's basically it for baby stuff. We are just still ready and waiting. Tom seems to be getting more and more excited as we get closer. He still reads to the baby all the time and every time I walk by him I have to stop so he can rub my tummy and talk to the baby a little. Granted, all he really says is "Babeh, babeh, babeh!!" but I think she feels the love :)
No comments:
Post a Comment