Well, I've already talked a little about how week 37 was so I kind of feel like there isn't really much to report. Life in general is getting a little more uncomfortable but fortunately nothing seems to be real constant. I'll have a day where my feet seem to swell at the drop of a hat, then the next day they are better. But that next day might be a little more painful in the pelvic area, or I'll be a little more emotional that I'd like to be. Tom is definitely having to pick up more of my slack around the house because I've had several days where just being up and walking around to do things like dishes is exhausting and I have to sit back down. On the flipside, I have days with tons of energy. Every day is like a fun pregnant surprise. Today I woke up with a horrible charlie horse pain in my right calf. It was AWFUL! My leg still hurts from it and if this one is anything like the last one, it'll still hurt tomorrow. Thankfully today is my last day of work so I shouldn't have to worry about the condition I'm going to wake up in every day and how it might affect how I feel at work. Tom has been wanting me to stop working for a little while now, so I think he's especially happy. Not that I've been working a lot anyway but I'm sure the extra rest can only help.
I had my 37 week appointment yesterday. Gained half a pound. The doctor I saw also thinks my pelvis is pretty small, so no changes there. She scheduled an ultrasound for right before my 39 week appointment to check on the baby's size although I don't personally have much faith in those estimates. Anyway, we still have to see how everything will go but at this point my chances for needing a c-section to get her out is apparently pretty high based on the size of the pelvic area. Both doctors I've seen have been confident that I can definitely try for a regular delivery, but they want me to keep in mind that it just may not work. At this point I'm just hoping she decides to come before 39 weeks and will still be small enough to get through! Neither doctor seemed to want to do anything like schedule a c-section just yet, because there is always a chance that labor will work and it's worth a shot. It's just too early to tell. I'm glad to know the possibility is there though and glad that they are keeping an eye on things.
Here's what 37 weeks looks like:
As of today we only have 19 days left! I'm having a baby this month and it's super crazy to think about but we are very excited. Nervous, (at least I am) but excited. The last nine months went by slow and fast at the same time but I kind of think these last few weeks will be fairly quick and next thing we know we'll have a new little family member! We both can't wait to meet her and get to know her and see what she looks like :)
No comments:
Post a Comment