So today I am officially done with 35 weeks, and only have 35 days to go! Kind of fun. Except that starting yesterday, I now really FEEL pregnant!
I mentioned that the past week has been a little rougher physically but it was definitely more of an emotional week again. I had several depressing days and ended up crying it out to Tom on Thursday. He was great as usual and talked to me about everything I was worried about. I had a lot of worries and sometimes those worries hit hard now that we are getting even closer to her arrival. I was also feeling horrible about getting less and less done but Tom was again reassuring that he didn't mind and that I am doing myself and the baby good when I rest and don't push myself.
I have to say again how grateful I am to have Tom with me in this whole thing. If he's worried about anything he doesn't show it at all. Even when I told him everything I'm afraid of or not ready for, he just said it would all be worth it and that he is super excited to have her and learn how to take of her. I told him that I worry about what it will be like when it isn't just "us" anymore and he was so sweet and told me that the way he sees it we'll still be "us" and we'll still spend time together, but now we'll have a baby with us. And that this is exciting. He's right of course, and I'm glad I have him around to remind me of these things when I start to get a little crazy. I blame the hormones, because really I am excited and happy. It's just that sometimes I feel the opposite for no apparent reason!
Anyway, after crying it out on Thursday, I felt a lot better. And I've felt better ever since. Until yesterday....
Out of nowhere I began to feel a lot of pressure and pretty uncomfortable pain down low. It's literally getting pretty hard to move around! I feel sore and bruised in places that aren't fun to feel sore and bruised. If you've ever been pregnant, you probably know what I mean but I'll spare anyone who might be reading this and not go into too much detail. Just know that it's not fun at all!
It lasted through today, and I really hope it doesn't last the entire last 5 weeks. If it does, I'm just going to have to hope she comes early.
I have officially moved onto the couch as much as possible, because I feel like she must have gotten a ton bigger this last week and any position other than sitting up partially reclined is pretty uncomfortable. Sitting in the car to drive is MISERABLE. She hates it. And I feel like an old lady trying to lean over from that sitting up position to do pretty much anything. There's a lot of slow motion going on here.
Today also marked the first time that a stranger asked about my pregnancy!! Not just one, but two! Granted, the woman who asked me how much longer I had was in a kid's store with me, and they guy who asked "when the little one was due" was selling me prenatals at GNC. So it's pretty obvious in those situations. Still, I know that I have looked visibly pregnant for weeks, but no one has commented or asked any questions. Which is probably good in a way, but it was also kind of nice to have random friendly people seem happy for me.
Speaking of which, here are a few things that have happened in the last few weeks that make me I know I look visibly pregnant and not just awkwardly chubby in the tummy:
1. People stare at me a little more. Like they haven't ever seen a pregnant person before. It's kind of weird.
2. Old ladies smile at me a lot more.
3. A random fellow shopper at the grocery store asked me where the ice cream aisle was. Spoiler alert: I knew the answer.
Oh, and last Friday I had my 34 week appointment. Pretty standard like the rest. I gained four pounds (in two weeks!) which is easily the most I've gained in that amount of time. So I'm up 16 pounds total. Everything seems good, and Amelia's heartbeat sounded great even though she seemed to not want to be found. The doctor was moving the doppler around and saying "I can hear her moving in there..." but he wasn't getting a heartbeat. Then she kicked the doppler pretty hard and he said "Well I felt that!" I told him she moves ALL the time and apparently she's also pretty sassy. Anyway, soon after that, he found it. She was way over on the left, which doesn't surprise me because although I think she spent a most of the pregnancy on right, I have seen a lot of activity on the left lately. And sometimes I looked lopsided and bigger on that side.
Basically the doctor just told me to start taking it really easy, and to rest whenever I can, especially with the heat. So I feel a tiny bit better about not getting as much done around the house, but only a little.
That appointment basically marks the start of weekly doctor appointments, and my 35 week is the day after tomorrow. I think at a lot of practices you skip the 35th week and start going weekly at 36 but my practice does the strep B test at 35 weeks. So maybe it won't even be a full appointment....I guess I'll see!
Here's what 35 weeks looks like!
No comments:
Post a Comment