So I apparently never did a 33 week update! I actually really thought I had, but all I see is Memorial Day. So, I was wrong. And now this will be a two week update.
First though, I'm going to share these flowers from our front yard. They are beautiful and are yet another flower I wasn't expecting to see pop out. Again, I can't help but be excited about flowers that just show up and look this nice with no effort from me. I'm actually extra excited to see these because now I know where to put the orange lilies we bought. They are still in a pot on the back porch, but sometime soon we'll have to plant them right next to these guys.
Okay, so this was 33 weeks. I don't really know what to say about 33 weeks...which is the entire reason I should stay on top of stuff. Because I forget things real fast. I remember a TON of movement. She seriously is wiggling and moving all the time. It's gotten to the point where if I don't feel her, I get a little worried.
Today is 34 weeks and I can say for sure that I look like I'm a having a baby next month. I kind of feel like it too. Overall, things are still pretty great. Every once in a while though, my feet get a little swollen and uncomfortable and I have to put them up. I also had an "episode" at Ikea where I could feel even my hands swelling up and I was starting to feel kind of sick. It was a super hot day, there were a zillion people at the store, and I had already been on my feet at work that day. So it was just a mix of the heat and some exhaustion. I had to get out of the store and go home and sit in the A/C and chug water.
Other than that though, I'm doing pretty good. Just feeling bigger and bigger everyday!
Another big thing that happened in the past week was my baby shower thrown by the girls I work with! It was so much fun, and they did a really great job staying with the whole jungle theme that we are going for. It was super cute. I have some photos, but I think I'll have to wait and put them up in a day or two when I get some photos from other people.
One last thing that I should mention is that Tom rigged up the bed so that I can sleep better!! I haven't had a good time sleeping at all for a long time but lately it's been a little worse because laying down flat was seriously squishing my lungs and making it hard to breathe. I kept saying that I was going to have to start sleeping on the couch to stay elevated, but I kept putting it off. So instead, I would just surround myself with pillows to prop myself into different positions to get semi-comfortable. The problem is that as soon as I would move, I had to re-arrange everything and basically I was just spending my nights shifting and not sleeping.
So, Tom had read somewhere that it might help to put pillows under the head of the mattress to elevate it. I thought it was crazy (won't the mattress just flatten the pillows down?) but he thought it was worth a try. So several days ago he wedged a bunch of pillows under there and guess what? It looks crazy, but it works! I seriously should take a picture because the bed looks super lopsided. He did it only to the side that I sleep on so not only does the bed slope from the head to the foot, but it slopes down from my side to the middle. Somehow though, it's not only comfortable and lets me breathe, but it forces me to stay in one comfortable position all night. Well, in between trips to the bathroom. There's not much Tom can do to fix that :)
Mostly, I just can't believe that we will have a baby here next month! In a way, six weeks seems like awhile, but that's just when I think of the negative stuff. It's six weeks of me getting bigger everyday, six weeks to possibly get stretch marks, six weeks to spend in the heat getting puffy. Six weeks of feeling all my insides getting constantly crushed and kicked.
But really, six weeks is right around the corner and when I think of it in other terms, it seems so short. Tom and I only have six weeks left where it will just be us. I only have six weeks to take naps whenever I want. Only six weeks left before we gain about a thousand percent more responsibility!
In a nutshell, six weeks is forever and not enough time all at once! I'm guessing it will go by pretty quickly, but who knows? I'm pretty excited to see her and get to know her, and we all know that being so excited for something can make the wait feel that much longer. Either way, I officially feel like I'm really in the home stretch, and that feels pretty good :)
No comments:
Post a Comment