Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Okay, so even though I hate hate hate snow, and I really don't want to give it any more attention than it deserves, I feel it is necessary to post about this storm. It is INSANE!!! Probably the most amount of snow I've ever dealt with in such a short amount of time. These pictures are from Saturday. This storm started Friday afternoon, and it just dumped 2 to 3 feet overnight! It stopped by noon on Saturday. But this is what we were left with. And it hasn't warmed up in the least, so it's all still here. The worst part is, it's Wednesday today, and it started snowing again (fairly constantly) last night. So as I type this, we are getting another 12-16 inches on top of this snow that never had a chance to leave!!! For a person who hates snow so much, I sure do end up living in some snowy areas. This is apparently the worst storm they've had in more than a decade, and I moved here just in time.
The town has pretty much shut down. Well, not literally. Last Saturday, pretty much everything closed. Even the mall I worked at closed. Tom has been going to work all week. But school is planned to be out all week. Many people are still without power. The National Guard has come in to help because there is just no where to put all the snow! Fortunately, our streets get taken care of pretty well, but there are many little streets around the city that have barely been touched, or haven't been touched at all. I feel so bad for those people, some of them literally can't get out of their houses. I have been choosing to stay in, but I'm begining to get a little stir crazy.
Anyway, these some pictures we took on Saturday and Sunday. There may be more to come, depending on how much worse it gets, and whether I'm feeling like looking at MORE snow!!!
Crazy Tom was so excited to go out and shovel the walk.
Our plant Petey is under there somewhere. I don't know for sure if he is going to survive this winter!

This is how deep it is!! Even looking at this picture now, I can hardly believe it!


I called this our escape tunnel. That clean walk is unfortunately covered again with more snow :(



Our back porch.



This is Tom, standing on our (in?) our driveway.It's past his knees!!





Again, he was super excited. He really wanted to drive the jeep out into the piles of snow.






He made it out!!







He was literally shoveling out the snow by the basket load.








Got the space behind one car done!! In total, it took him 3 hours to do the walk and the driveway.









This is what we found down the road from us on Sunday, when we ventured out of the house. What the what?!










These trees are kind of pretty. Maybe the only pretty thing about the snow.










View of our street from our second floor.












Our neighbors. Thank goodness our cars were IN the garage!!













This was also kind of pretty. I'd still rather have no snow.















1 comment:

  1. I am still totally in awe over how deep that snow is! For your sake, I hope these blizzard-like conditions only happen once, but it is kind of a stunning phenomenon. I seriously feel like you are living in the Arctic when I see the photos of Tom up to his knees in snow! Love how excited & happy he looks in this entire series of snowy photos. :) He makes it look fun! One of these days he needs to snap a picture of your reaction to the snow, which I believe would show the polar opposite of his reaction.

    ReplyDelete