So I mentioned that Amelia has been smiling for a little while now, but I hadn't captured any of them on camera. Well, that all changed the other day! This first one isn't it, it just looks like a smile. And I thought she was cute in her alien jams, so I threw in a couple pictures of it.
Her first smile on camera came while she was playing naked on her play mat. She's naked because she had just soaked her clothes in pee during a diaper change and I was too lazy to put new clothes on her. I figured she doesn't really spend a lot of time out of clothes and it would be good for her. Then, I realized that I don't really have any photos of her sans clothing (besides that diaper change in the car), and every baby needs some good naked shots. So I got out the camera and went crazy taking pictures.
Her diaper makes her look a little sumo-ish. It's kind of big, and we have to fasten it pretty tightly around her little waist but it works.
I also got an opportunity to get a shot of her cute swirly belly button. It probably won't stay this way, but it's fun for now!
Anyway, she must have liked her first time without clothes because I caught this adorable happy smile!! It's blurry because she tends to move her head all around while smiling, but I still love it. I'm so glad I finally got a picture!
I just love her face in this one.
Later that night, she was hanging out on my lap with the Boppy and was having a pretty good time. I was kind of amazed at how grown up she looked just sitting there. She had support of course, but something about the way she was sitting just made her look much older to me.
Love this one. As soon as I saw this picture I was reminded of a photo of myself from when I was little. I swear I'm making a similar face to hers in this one. I've looked all over for it and I can't find it yet but I will.
Over it.
Yesterday she was full of smiles on her play mat. By the way, I love that thing. I love it because she loves it and I get a chance to do other things for 20 minutes. She's on it right now actually, loving life.
I was so excited to see so many smiles that I went nuts taking pictures. I'm not even going to say how many pictures I took. In my defense, it's hard to catch a smile. Also, digital cameras make it all too easy to take pictures continuously and never stop. Plus she's really cute. Anyway, here's a dozen or so pictures of a happy baby!
After her happy play time, she had a pretty happy tummy time. Well, maybe she was more shocked than happy, but at least she wasn't crying! She's getting pretty good at keeping her head up.
Tom thinks she looks like a turtle from these angles.
No comments:
Post a Comment