So, because I am soooooo proud of Tom, I wanted to do a post about his new job!! He's been there for a week and he's getting the hang of things. He has to get up at 5:30 to be there by 6:30, and then he works until 4:30. They are long days, but long days = every other Friday off! He's been in school for 6 years, so he's excited to get out and start work, but it's a little bit of a transition. Having weekends off should help him adjust :) He's an exploration geologist, which I think means he'll be helping to look for the natural gas and oil so the company can drill for it. It's an office job for most of the time, but he should still get chances to get out in the field sometimes. This is the company that he did an internship for last summer, so he's a little familiar with the job and company already, which helps. The week before he started his job, we went to the office to check it out, these are some pictures I took.

The floor in the entry area on the first floor is purple and sparkly!!! Love it!!

The main level has a crazy fancy entry area. It's a brand new building in a new business park, it's the 5th building of 8, and buildings 6-8 aren't even built yet. Tom's company takes up the whole 4th floor. The company is also new to Pittsburgh, they moved their Denver offices out here and just opened them up on October 19th which is when Tom started.

View from Tom's office.

Tom has his own office!!! With his name and everything.

Sitting at his desk. Welcome to the working world!

Showing off his view. It's a giant office. It's also all put together now, I'll have to get Tom to take the camera to work and get pictures of what it looks like now that it's all set up.

Some crazy but cool art down in the main entry area.

More of the awesome entry. It's huge, I couldn't capture the size of it with my camera but it's kind of overwhelming.
So far, things are great. Tom's loving it, I'm still getting adjusted to being at home all day while he's at work, but I think I can do it ;) I do really like having time to keep the house up, and it will be even better once we have all our furniture in place. Congrats to you Tom!!! I'm so proud of what you;ve accomplished and what you're doing!!! You're amazing and I think you might be a genius! Love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment